A temper tantrum is a behavior problem where children assert their independence by violently objecting to discipline through the display of anger at an uncontrollable level.
Temper tantrums are seen mainly in toddlers.
The toddlers express their anger by lying on the floor, kicking or stamping their feet, screaming, and sometimes hurting themselves.
Few may become stiff, and few may have ‘breath holding spells’ or banging of the head.
I had earlier shared 2 Year Old Temper Tantrums Child I hope you read.
Table of Contents
Causes of temper tantrums
Cause may include temper tantrums:
- Emotional insecurity
- Lack of sleep and fatigue
You might me help: Constant Headache And Fatigue Every Day: How to cure?
- Imitation of adults
- Unmet needs
- Attention seeking
Suggested read: What is Infantile Autism?
Symptoms of Temper tantrums
Signs of anger
- Your child can do this in anger
- Crying and screaming.
- Kicking and pinching.
- Flared arms and legs.
- Hold their breath.
Read: Cyanotic Breath Holding Spells Infant | Pallid Breath Holding Spells
- Tense their body or go limp
Here are a few articles to check out:
Does Your child experience difficulties focusing at school? Equazen Pro can be used as nutritional support for traditional focus and behavioral therapies. Fine the product link here…
Fish Oil for Kids
- Improve Focus, Learning
- Memory + Behavior in Children and Teens
- DHA / EPA Omega-3 + Omega-6 Supplement for Brain Support
5 year old temper tantrums
Your five-year-old gets angry because he wants something that he can’t do, hungry, stressed, tired. It is not due to tantrums; talk to your child and see what stress they feel. For example, there may be school or family problems.
Read: Can Stress Cause Nausea?
- Educate the parents that temper tantrums are a child’s way of releasing frustration, so they should ignore them.
- Parents should talk to the child to find out the cause of frustration.
- Provide adequate rest and sleep to the child.
- Parents should show the child that he is loved even though his behavior is disapproving.
- Parents should be good role models for the child.
- Parents should not be overprotective of the child though they should provide security and support to the child.
The earlier the child gets an accurate diagnosis and support, the better the outcome. There are also different treatments for children and their families.
Parents should talk to a doctor if they think they see a symptom of a temper tantrum.
The doctor evaluates the child and gives appropriate treatment.
A few other articles that you might be interested in:
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder Criteria
- Social Handicaps: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, Types
- Early Signs Of Antisocial Behavior in Children include
If you see any symptoms related to Temper Tantrums in your 5 year old child, let us know in the comment box. So we can help you
Like this article? Don’t forget to share it!
Sharing is caring ❤