Temper tantrums are seen mainly in toddlers.
The toddlers express their anger by lying on the floor, kicking or stamping their feet, screaming, and sometimes hurting themselves.
Few may become stiff, and few may have ‘breath holding spells’ or banging of the head.
Table of Contents
Causes of temper tantrums
Cause may include temper tantrums:
- Emotional insecurity
- Lack of sleep and fatigue
You might me help: Constant Headache And Fatigue Every Day: How to cure?
- Imitation of adults
- Unmet needs
- Attention seeking
Suggested read: What is Infantile Autism?
Symptoms of Temper tantrums
Signs of anger
- Your child can do this in anger
- Crying and screaming.
- Kicking and pinching.
- Flared arms and legs.
- Hold their breath.
- Tense their body or go limp
Here are a few articles to check out:
5 year old temper tantrums
- Educate the parents that temper tantrums are a child’s way of releasing frustration, so they should ignore them.
- Parents should talk to the child to find out the cause of frustration.
- Provide adequate rest and sleep to the child.
- Parents should show the child that he is loved even though his behavior is disapproving.
- Parents should be good role models for the child.
- Parents should not be overprotective of the child though they should provide security and support to the child.
The earlier the child gets an accurate diagnosis and support, the better the outcome. There are also different treatments for children and their families.
Parents should talk to a doctor if they think they see a symptom of a temper tantrum.
The doctor evaluates the child and gives appropriate treatment.
A few other articles that you might be interested in:
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder Criteria
- Social Handicaps: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, Types
- Early Signs Of Antisocial Behavior in Children include
Like this article? Don’t forget to share it!
Sharing is caring ❤