Everyone has stomach ache for some reason or the other. Men complain of more appendicitis than women. The appendix is the link between the small and big intestines. It keeps coming out of the intestines.
Appendicitis, also called epityphilitis, is the infection or inflammation of the appendix-the tiniest part of the bowel, a worm-like outpouching of the bowel.
Appendicitis is one of the most common causes of emergency abdominal surgery Appendicitis is an organ at the beginning of the large intestine. It measures about 7 to 15 cm long and 0.5 to 1.5cm wide. It is rare in other animals to find an appendix-only a few species have it.
Table of Contents
Causes and risk factors
- Obstruction in the appendiceal lumen causes appendicitis
- Due to swollen appendix that obstructs food waste, hard stool, parasites that affect the appendiceal lumen.
- Enlarge lymph tissue in the wall
- Inflammatory bowel disease… Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, and trauma to the abdomen
It also follows an infection, or it may result from another type of inflammation
Viral, bacteria, fungi, and parasites cause swelling of the appendix.
- Due to etiological factors
- Obstruction of the appendix lumen by faecolith
- Decreased flowdrainage of mucosal secretion
- Increased intraluminal pressure in appendix
- Vasocongetion cause decreased blood supply in the appendix
- that reduced supply of oxygen and nutrition in the appendix
- Necrosis and perforation of the appendix
- bacteria invade in appendix
- Disruption of the cell membrane of the appendix
- Inflamation of the appendix
Signs and symptoms
- Medical history- ask about pain began, and its exact location and severity, etc.
- Physical examinations- assess pain by Touching or applying pressure to specific areas of the abdomen
- Lab tests- CBC, Urinalysis
- Imaging tests- abdominal X-ray, USG,
- CT- SCAN,
There are two types of Management.
Open surgery- 5 cm of transverse the incision the examined the appendicitis are present and then removed, which is done by freeing the appendix from its attachment to the abdomen, and the colon then closed the layers laparoscopic surgery- small abdominal incision below the belly button in the skin and another two or three incisions may be necessary to insert the laparoscopic surgical tools then cut the surrounding the appendix and remove it.
Can appendicitis pain come and go?
Have you ever felt severe pain around your abdomen? Or are you nauseous and have frequent vomiting? Or do you feel that you are not eating enough and have lost your appetite? If your answer is yes, you may have appendicitis.
The symptoms of appendicitis are multiple. The pain lasts for about 4 to 48 hours to develop. The initial symptom will be pain near the navel or upper abdomen, which gradually moves to the lower abdomen. There are other common symptoms of appendicitis.
Appendicitis fasting from food and drink
Let us know what you should eat, drink and fast to get rid of appendicitis.
For appendix pain, squeeze the green soybean leaves and cook with them. After adding some pomegranate juice inside a small amount of juice, Drinking in the morning and evening relieves pain.
If someone is too drunk, he should go fast and drink water a little if thirsty. To reduce such pain, orange juice should be drunk.
In this case, substances like milk and glucose should be drunk more but should not eat weight gain.
If you want to get rid of this disease by fasting, then you can
You should not eat food for three days. On the fourth day, you drink one bowl of green gram water. And on the 5th day, you should eat one bowl of boiled green gram. And also you can eat Rice and light Indian dal on the eight-day you can take all the bland food later.
This article might be helpful: Best Way To Detox Your Body
Appendicitis is a common and prevalent condition. It is an inflammation or infection of the vermiform appendix. Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis any other inflammation that can lead to appendicitis. Surgical and non-surgical treatment is available to remove the appendix.
If you find the information in this post useful, please share it with your friends and colleagues on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Sharing is caring ❤