These are the upper chambers of the heart.
Atrial Septal Defect Murmur
Table of Contents
- These defects in the lower part of the atrial septum may occur with another congenital heart defect.
- The standard type of ASD and appears in the middle of the wall between the atria (atrial septum).
Sinus venosus defect
- It appears in the upper part of the atrium septum.
Causes of atrial septal defect
- Environmental factor
Signs and symptoms of atrial septal defect
a sign and symptoms of atrial septal defect
- Shortness of breath, especially when exercising
- Heart murmur
- Frequent lung infections
- Swelling of legs, feet or abdomen
- Heart palpitations or skipped beats
Here are a few articles to check out:
- Chest X-ray
- Cardiac catheterization
- CT Scan
Heart disease is a common health problem.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends!
Sharing is caring ❤