This condition, also known as a hole in the heart,” is an abnormal opening in the wall of the right and left atria of the heart.
These are the upper chambers of the heart.
Atrial Septal Defect Murmur
This congenital disability creates abnormal blood flow through the heart. ASD can occur in a murmur that can be heard during an examination. It can be diagnosed with an echocardiogram.
Table of Contents
- These defects in the lower part of the atrial septum may occur with another congenital heart defect.
- The standard type of ASD and appears in the middle of the wall between the atria (atrial septum).
Sinus venosus defect
- It appears in the upper part of the atrium septum.
- In this rare defect, part of the wall between the coronary sinus and left atrium.
Causes of atrial septal defect
- Environmental factor
Signs and symptoms of atrial septal defect
a sign and symptoms of atrial septal defect
- Shortness of breath, especially when exercising
- Heart murmur
- Frequent lung infections
- Swelling of legs, feet or abdomen
- Heart palpitations or skipped beats
Here are a few articles to check out:
Keeping your heart healthy is essential in these modern busy days. Below recommended Ultimate omega supplements are the No. 1 doctor recommended brand that supports healthy heart function; You can find the product link below.
High-Potency Omega-3 Fish Oil Supplement with EPA & DHA
Promotes Brain & Heart Health
During pregnancy, you are at some risk of having a baby with a heart defect:
- Rubella infection
- Drugs, smoking, or alcohol use
- Diabetes or lupus.
- Right-sided heart failure
- Heart arrhythmias
- risk of a stroke
- Shortened life span
- Pulmonary hypertension.
- Eisenmenger syndrome
- Chest X-ray
- Cardiac catheterization
- CT Scan
- Open heart surgery.
- Cardiac catheterization.
- Beta-blockers drugs
Heart disease is a common health problem.
Some are due to heredity and cannot be prevented. In many cases, however, the person can take treatment measures to prevent heart disease, change your lifestyle and take protective food and exercise.
Here are a couple of articles, which you should definitely read to learn about heart diseases:
Do let me know in the comment box, how you have enhanced your heart health? And are you also wanted to learn more about treatments?
Don’t forget to share this with your friends!
Sharing is caring ❤