What is Attitude Therapy ?
Attitude indicate set of feelings, faith and behavior at individual or incident.
There are four types of attitude like Positive, Neutral, Sicken and Negative.
The Main aim of Attitude therapy is convert person negative attitude to Positive attitude through change of behavior and beliefs by different techniques.
Attitude represents our personality. If we show a negative attitude towards others, it will express the harmful nature of the individuals.
Attitude is that what someone feels towards one individual that he is experiencing.
The attitude of other people towards us is showing the behavior or action.
Attitude therapy also people who have mood swing.
I had earlier shared What Is Mood Disorder?: Types, Symptoms, Causes, And Treatment I hope you read the post.
Attitude therapy is prescribed the designed therapeutic attitude that every individual should have.
Table of Contents
Steps of the attitude therapy
The patient is interviewed to assess his emotional and psychosocial state and activity level.
Before the therapy, family members address the attitude therapy they are using for the patient that same you have to apply for the patient to bring the desired changes into the patient.
A staff meeting is held when all mental health team members are present.
This planned attitude that we are using for the patient that we have to discuss purposefully.
All the team members use one main line of approach at a time.
Types of attitude therapy
Solid Attitude Therapy
- It’s a direct, clear, and confident approach to the patient in which rules and regulations are calmly explained.
- They are used on people who are depressed and uncooperative.
- The therapist must stand their ground. They must inform the patient that they will not listen to their negative talks.
- Staff members put firm limitations. Direct, clear, and confident rules are calmly imposed on the patient. Directions are specific and concise, with expectations that the patient will follow them. For manic patient’s manipulative behaviors and requests, hysterical patients are asking for attention.
Not Demanding Attitude Therapy
- Use on out of control people.
- The therapist needs to show caring behavior to show the person that they won’t hurt them.
- When the patient goes out of control, the therapist does nothing but just come back to them later.
- Active friendliness staff plays an active role in the therapeutic professional interpersonal relationship.
- Advisable for withdrawn, apathetic patients, usual people with schizophrenia. The patient who is shy, aloof, isolated from others.
I have already covered following article in depth must read
Passive Friendliness Therapy
- The patient is allowed to take the initiative in a therapeutic relationship.
- Use on people that have distrust with others.
- Therapist assures that they will always available for them and engage the patient into the activities.
- For the patient who is extremely withdrawn, confused, frightened, paranoid schizophrenia, organic brain syndrome. The depressed patient who shows no activity.
- The therapist uses an approach of casualness in interaction, especially in requests, manipulative behaviors. Reassurances and emotional responses are avoided. Hysterical patients, manic patients.
- Do not give false reassurance to the patient.
- Non-judgemental, no judgments are passed on the way of the patient’s thought, felt, and behaved.
- The acceptance is accepting the patient the way he is and giving respect and unconditional positive regard.
Advantage of attitude therapy
It enhances the positive attitude that someone can learn from the patients.
It brings members together to place, work, and evaluate each other’s efforts and to discover new ways of helping the patient. Ex-each patient or therapist or lab tech or nurse has to put his efforts, so each member should come together.
Attitude therapy can be a help to stabilize several mental health disorders like…
- Is Adjustment Disorder With Anxiety A Mental Illness?
- Is Autism An Intellectual Disability?
- Personality Disorder
- What is Specific Developmental Disorder?
Meanwhile, let me know if you have any feedback for me or for Star Health line?
Also, Don’t forget to share this post!
Sharing is caring ❤