Welcome to this exclusive edition of Star Healthline, where you will be learning attitude therapy. This guide is exclusively for people who want to manage their Attitude by using certain therapies.
Remember, this guide is prepared with utmost care and regularly updated. Therefore, you should bookmark this page for future reference.
Firstly, you need to identify your Attitude by determining your behavior and the type of your thought about others.
Table of Contents
What is Attitude Therapy?
Attitude indicates a set of feelings, faith, and behavior toward an individual or incident.
There are four types of Attitude: Positive, Neutral, Sicken, and Negative.
The main aim of Attitude therapy is to convert a person’s negative attitude to a positive attitude through a change of behavior and beliefs by different techniques.
Attitude represents our personality. If we show a negative attitude towards others, it will express the harmful nature of the individuals.
Attitude is that what someone feels towards one individual that he is experiencing.
The Attitude of others towards us shows the behavior or action. Attitude therapy also people who have a mood swing. Attitude therapy is prescribed the designed therapeutic Attitude that every individual should have.
I had earlier shared What Is Mood Disorder?: Types, Symptoms, Causes, And Treatment I hope you read the post.
Many people talk about surrounding themselves with positive energy and avoiding the negative energy. But this is easier said than done. Well look no further and buy the book we recommended, which is perfectly designed to catalyze healthy change, combining skillfully crafted hypnotic suggestions with guided imagery. BUY NOW 👇
CREATING POSITIVE CHANGE
Guided self Hypnosis to reverse unwanted attitudes & unhealthy behaviours
BEST HYPNOSIS CDS
5 types of attitude therapies
The patient is interviewed to assess his emotional and psychosocial state and activity level.
Before the therapy, family members address the attitude therapy they are using for the patient that same you have to apply for the patient to bring the desired changes into the patient.
A staff meeting is held when all mental health team members are present.
This planned attitude that we are using for the patient that we have to discuss purposefully.
All the team members use one main line of approach at a time.
Solid Attitude Therapy
- It’s a direct, clear, and confident approach to the patient in which rules and regulations are calmly explained.
- They are used on people who are depressed and uncooperative.
- The therapist must stand their ground. They must inform the patient that they will not listen to their negative talks.
- Staff members put firm limitations. Direct, clear, and confident rules are calmly imposed on the patient. Directions are specific and concise, with expectations that the patient will follow them. For manic patient’s manipulative behaviors and requests, hysterical patients are asking for attention.
Also read: Mania And Hypomania: Symptoms, Causes, And Treatment
Not Demanding Attitude Therapy
- Use on out of control people.
- The therapist needs to show caring behavior to show the person that they won’t hurt them.
- When the patient goes out of control, the therapist does nothing but just come back to them later.
- Active friendliness staff plays an active role in the therapeutic professional interpersonal relationship.
- Advisable for withdrawn, apathetic patients, usual people with schizophrenia. The patient who is shy, aloof, isolated from others.
I have already covered following article in depth must read
Passive Friendliness Therapy
- The patient is allowed to take the initiative in a therapeutic relationship.
- Use on people that have distrust with others.
- Therapist assures that they will always available for them and engage the patient into the activities.
- For the patient who is extremely withdrawn, confused, frightened, paranoid schizophrenia, organic brain syndrome. The depressed patient who shows no activity.
- The therapist uses an approach of casualness in interaction, especially in requests, manipulative behaviors. Reassurances and emotional responses are avoided. Hysterical patients, manic patients.
- Do not give false reassurance to the patient.
- Non-judgemental, no judgments are passed on the way of the patient’s thought, felt, and behaved.
- The acceptance is accepting the patient the way he is and giving respect and unconditional positive regard.
Active friendliness Therapy
- Use on people that have withdrawn.
- Please give them a reason to want to be active and not withdraw.
- The therapist needs to be very verbally supportive.
- Use for irresponsible and manipulative people.
- The therapist has to state and stick to what they say and NOT deviate from them.
Using the above-stated method, you will be able to manage your Attitude and behavior.
Anyhow, I suggest you use medicine like Joy-Filled Plant-Based Supplement or any other to mask your Attitude. The collection of herbs works harmoniously together to help you maintain a stable and positive mood.
Attitude therapy psychiatric nursing
Psychiatric patients can have difficulty making the right decision about the treatment and care.
In this context, the provision of quality health care services is firmly tied to the attitudes and behaviors of mental nurses.
The positive nurse attitude displayed during the treatment relaxes patients, promotes their integration into the environment, and ultimately facilitates their response to treatment.
In contrast, negative nurse attitudes lead to poor social interactions, leading to problems such as patients gradually disconnecting from their environment and developing high resistance to treatment.
Awareness of psychiatric nurses’ attitudes towards mental illness and patients help them establish an early and accurate diagnosis of mental illness and provide adequate medication and care, which is of great importance in protective treatment, rehabilitation, and nursing services.
If you have done all the overhead steps mentioned, now it’s time for you to use the right medication. You can use popular plant-based or homeopathic medication like Hyland’s Calm Tablets, which is good for psychotic disorders. Take one medicine throughout the day for continued relief for nervousness and irritability.
Advantage of attitude therapy
It enhances the positive attitude that someone can learn from the patients.
It brings members together to place, work, and evaluate each other’s efforts and to discover new ways of helping the patient. Ex-each patient or therapist or lab tech or nurse has to put his efforts, so each member should come together.
Attitude therapy can be a help to stabilize several mental health disorders like…
- Is Adjustment Disorder With Anxiety A Mental Illness?
- Is Autism An Intellectual Disability?
- Personality Disorder
- What is Specific Developmental Disorder?
Frequently Asked Question
Which of the following is the purpose of attitude therapy?
It is a treatment that emphasizes the evaluation of current attitudes regarding the origins of the attitudes, the purpose these attitudes serve, and their possible distortions.
How do you have a therapeutic conversation?
- Using Silence. At times, it’s useful not to speak at all.
- Giving Recognition
- Offering Self
- Giving Broad Openings
- Active Listening
- Seeking Clarification
- Placing the Event in Time or Sequence.
Attitude therapy kind firmness?
The attitude of kind firmness requires that the nurse convey a feeling of assurance to the patient that she knows what is to be done and expects her requests to be carried out. The nurse’s statement should be direct, clear, and quietly confident, but never overbearing and challenging.
The main attitude to work on is your own attitude. Although we can influence another person’s attitude, but cannot change it. Changing an attitude is the responsibility of the owner. This is a person’s power.
The most important thing for everyone to be aware of is that the only person we have direct control over is ourselves.
Meanwhile, let me know if you have any feedback for me or for Star Health line?
Also, Don’t forget to share this post!
Sharing is caring ❤