You always take care of your body, but after some age, body changes is a natural process, and we can not control it.
For men, one of those body changes is the prostate gland gets bigger.
This gland becomes large as it becomes difficult to urinate. This problem is usually found only after 60 years, i.e., in older men.
Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy With Outflow Obstruction
The size of the prostate gland progress as the age of the men increases. It has happened for a long time, and it can cause bladder problems for some men.
Health problems can also cause bladder control. Men with poor bladder control can be upset and confused by this problem.
If you have a change in your bladder control or are more concerned about your prostate gland, talk to your doctor or Continence advisor.
I had earlier shared this post: All About Prostate Cancer
Table of Contents
Causes of benign prostatic hypertrophy
The prostate size in men is likely to increase due to the following reasons, such as:
- The cause of this problem is unknown; there is a decrease in age-related hormones.
- Any prostate problem in the family or any testicular abnormality also increases the risk of prostate enlargement. Men who pass tests at an early age do not have this problem.
- People 40 years of age or older.
- Even if someone has had such a problem before, such as heart disease, circulatory diseases, obesity, diabetes, it can still happen.
- Do not exercise
- Erectile dysfunction
signs and symptoms
- Go to frequent urination at night.
- Slowing and thinning of urine.
- A slight delay in the onset of urination.
- Intermittent urination.
- There is a strong desire to leave early when urinating, but no control over it and sometimes urinating in clothes.
- Even after urination, there is a drop of urine.
- Not having complete urination and not having the satisfaction of urinating altogether.
- Severe If left untreated, it can cause severe problems after a while.
- Blood test
- prostate-specific antigen test
- rectal examination
If symptoms are easy to ignore., Early treatment can save you from potentially dangerous complications. Consult your doctor if you notice any symptoms
People with BPH for a long time may experience the following difficulties.
- Stasis of bacteria in the bladder residue
- An increased risk of urinary tract infection.
- Urinary bladder stones.
- Urinary retention,
- Obstructive uropathy.
- Bladder damage
Usually, urinary incontinence from BPH is so severe that no urine can leave the bladder alone. It’s called bladder break obstruction.
It can be risky because urine trapped in the bladder can infect the urinary tract and damage your kidneys.
The ultimate saw palmetto prostate supplement for men is here! This prostate formula is a natural way to support overall health. Feel better with Havasu saw palmetto supplement.
Natural Prostate Support Supplements
Potent DHT Blocker for Hair Growth and Beta Blocker to Decrease Frequent Urination
- Patients should decrease fluid intake before bedtime, moderate alcohol consumption, and caffeine-containing products, and follow timed voiding schedules.
- There two main medications for the management of BPH are alpha-blockers and 5α-reductase inhibitors.
- Alpha-blockers (technically α1-adrenergic receptor antagonists) are the most common choice for initial therapy in the USA and Europe. Alpha-blockers used for BPH include doxazosin,terazosin, alfuzosin, tamsulosin, and silodosin.
- The 5α-reductase inhibitorsvfinasterideand dutasteride are another treatment option. These medications inhibit 5a-reductase, which in turn inhibits the production of DHT, a hormone responsible for enlarging the prostate
TURP(Transurethral resection of the prostate )
It is a surgical procedure involving the removal of prostate tissue using a resectoscope inserted through the urethra.
Transurethral Microwave Therapy: It is an outpatient procedure consisting of microwaves directly to the prostate through a transurethral probe to raise the prostate tissue’s temperature to about 115.F(45.C).
The heat causes the death of tissue, thus relieving the obstruction.
Laser Prostatectomy: The use of laser therapy through visual or ultrasound guidance is an effective alternative to TURP in treating BPH.
Benign prostatic hypertrophy is one of the common conditions in aging men. The prostate gland becomes more significant in size. Symptoms are frequent urination at night, difficulty in urination, the repeated urge of urination, etc. Medical and surgical treatment can cure this condition. If it is not cured, it can cause serious problems.
Here are a few other hand-picked articles for you to read next:
- What is Prostate Cancer?: Prostate Cancer Treatment Options
- Anorectal Malformations Symptoms, Test and Treatment
Also, if you think we have missed important information in this post, then remind us in the comments below.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends!
Sharing is caring ❤