When food is prepared, keep in mind that it is rich in protein, whole grains, fresh fruits, and vegetables, 10-15 grams of fiber each day. Those foods that can trigger these symptoms should be avoided.Some
Best diet for ulcerative colitis
Early morning tea
- Light tea 1-2 cups
- white bread/ suji porridge with soya milk or suji, upma, Paneer/ egg white 2, Butter/ jam
- Biscuits 2-3
- Soup, Rice/chapatti from refined flour; de-husked pulses
- Soft strained vegetables (potato, bottle guard, custard apple)
- Paneer/soft chicken/fish
- Banana/steamed fruit
- Tea, sandwich/biscuit/egg whites 2
same as lunch.
Foods to be avoided
- Milk in pure form
- Whole grains and whole dals
- Fried mutton, chicken, and other fried foods
- Vegetables with seeds and skin
- All fruits with seeds
- Raw vegetables
- Spices and pickles.
Anti inflammatory diet for ulcerative colitis
An anti-inflammatory diet focuses on raw fruits and vegetables. Several plant-based foods are good sources of antioxidants. Some foods, however, can trigger trusted sources in the formation of free radicals. Examples foods that people fry in repeatedly heated cooking oil.
It can be challenging to change to a new way of eating, but the below tips may help you
- Pick up seasonal fruits, vegetables, and nutritious snacks during the weekly shop.
- Gradually replace fast-food meals with fresh homemade lunches.
- Replace soda and other sugary drinks with still or sparkling mineral water.
If you this article helpful : Nutrition Value of Food: Importance, Benefits, and Diet
Other tips include:
- Talking to a healthcare expert about supplements, such as cod liver oil or a multivitamin.
- Including 30 minutes of easy exercise into the daily routine.
- Morning Walk 15 min
- Following good sleep hygiene, as poor sleep can work entrusted source inflammation.
Here are a few hand-picked guides for you to read next
Also, Don’t forget to share this with your friends!
Sharing is caring ❤