Brain cancer is an abnormal cell growth within the brain, which can be malignant or benign in the tumor form.
It also defined as any intracranial tumor created by abnormal and uncontrolled cell division, usually either in the brain itself, lymphatic tissue, blood vessels, in intracranial nerve, in the meninges, skull, pituitary, and pineal gland, or spread from cancers primarily located in another organ.
I have already shared a post related to this topic Surgical Treatment of Cancer I hope you read this post.
Table of Contents
Classification of brain tumor
Primary brain tumor
- Tumor arising from the surrounding structure.
Secondary brain tumor
- It is a tumor growing in the brain that has emerged from the spread of a malignant tumor.
Causes and risk factors
Symptoms of brain cancer
According to the location of the tumor
- Impaired speech, inability to write, memory disturbances, seizures, spatial disorders, confusion.
- Personality disturbances, behavioral and emotional changes, impaired judgment, impaired sense of smell, memory loss, hemiplegia, reduced mental capacity, vision loss.
- Memory disturbances, auditory hallucinations, seizures, visual field disturbances.
- Vision loss in half visual field, visual hallucinations.
- Behavioral and emotional changes, difficulty in speaking, and swallowing, drowsiness, hearing loss, muscles weakness, gait problem, vision loss, cardiovascular instability, respiratory depression, coma.
Here are a few articles to check out:
- Neurological examination
- CT Scan
- PET Scan
- Myelogram And Angiogram
- Skull Xray
Before you started you will need to know: What Vitamins And Minerals Are Good For the Brain?
Treatment options for brain cancer may include one or more of the following:
Surgery: Through the surgical approach, the type and condition of the tumor will determine if there is any surgery that deletes the tumor, whether it cures or not. In addition, this surgery will help diagnose cancer and reduce pressure on the brain.
Radiation: Radiation therapy is performed by professionals, and radiotherapy is usually performed on tumors that should note remove or after any brain cancer surgery.
Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is a standard cancer treatment but is not used for primary brain cancer. Anti-epileptic drugs such as phenytoin are always taken before and after surgery to prevent seizures. For swelling in the head, the doctor may prescribe steroids.
Brain cancer life expectancy
Reported survival rates or life expectancy at five years vary from about 5% to as high as 86%, regardless of the treatment plan used; Recovery from brain cancer is possible, but realistically, a complete recovery is often unlikely.
However, about 75% of children with pediatric brain cancer will live longer than five years; Often, due to chronic diseases, the elderly have lower outcomes except for the lowest grade tumors.
So, why use a treatment plan? Without treatment, brain cancer is usually invasive and can result in death. Treatment plans can help to sustain and temporarily improve a patient’s life.
You must read this article Ashwagandha Top Health Benefits It will help you defiantly.
Lifestyle changes and treatments can help treat brain cancer. You should always see your doctor monitor your brain.
Talk to your doctor about several symptoms or if your symptoms are getting worse.
See a doctor right away if you have had a recent thrush or headache, which has never happened before, to prevent complications.
Here are a few hand-picked guides for you to read next:
- What is Alzheimer’s Disease?: Cure, Causes, Symptoms and Risk factor
- What Is Autoimmune Encephalitis?: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment
If you want to read suitable post according to your health condition, Ask me to share relatable in the comment box below.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends!