Once you become pregnant, you’ll need to fix the schedule of care and treatment of women during pregnancy.
Antenatal care refers to the health and supportive services provided to women during her pregnancy.
Antenatal care includes screening, diet, exercise, a diagnosis that affects pregnant women.
This visit includes Monthly intervals till 28 weeks to 36weeks twice a month than weekly till the delivery.
Table of Contents
Did you know a baby gets disease immunity from mom during pregnancy? Mothers can gain this immunity by using the given multivitamin supplements. BUY NOW 👇
Nature Made Prenatal Multivitamins
Multivitamin Support Baby Development And Mom
- No Artificial Flavors
- Gluten Free
Aims of antenatal care
- Providing appropriate advice, reassurance, education, and support for pregnant women and their families.
- Treating minor symptoms that are associated with pregnancy.
- Providing a screening program at regular intervals to evaluate the progress of the pregnancy.
- Preventing, detecting, and managing any problems that may affect maternal and fetal health.
- To screen high-risk cases.
- To prevent and treat at the earliest any complication.
- To ensure continued medical surveillance and Prophylaxis.
- To motivate the couple about family planning.
- To educate the mother about pregnancy and labor by using A. V. Aids.
- To discuss with the couple about the delivery, care of a newborn
Don’t forget to read following article for extra care:
Focused Antenatal Care Planning And Providing Care During Pregnancy
Antenatal care include
- Preconception counseling
- Assessment of maternal and fetal risk factors
- Fetal wellbeing assessment
- Evaluation for complications
- Education about the discomfort of family emotional expects(including postnatal depression) local antenatal classes reduces the risk of infant death and parenting problems.
- Discussion about birthing care options.
Care during the first trimester
A range of creamed screening modalities have been recommended during the first trimester aimed at early identification of pregnancy complications. It include
- Every month in the first six months
- Two weeks in the seventh and eighth months
- Every week during your ninth month of pregnancy
- Biodata of parents
- Menstrual history
- Past surgical and medical history
- Family history
- Personal history
- Previous gynecological problems
- A complete screening and physical examination should be done during the initial antenatal testing to know if the woman has any medical disease or abnormalities.
- Physical measurements: height and weight
- General appearance: head to foot assessment
- Abdominal examination
- Vaginal examination
- Eyes Laboratory test/routine examination
- Urine analysis
- Blood test
- Blood group, Rh factor,
- VDRL, HIV,
- Rubella immune status
- Maternal serum alpha fetoprotein
- Book antenatal appointment
Health education include
- Rest and sleep
- Bathing and clothing
- Care of breast and nipple
- Dental care
- Avoid Alcohol and smoking
- Care of bowel
- General advice about overall taking care of pregnancy
Care and treatment of women during pregnancy is necessary for protecting the health of women and their unborn children. In this form of preventive health care, women can study from skilled health personnel about healthy habits during pregnancy, better understand warning signs during pregnancy and childbirth, and get social, emotional, and psychological support at this challenging time in their lives.
If your pregnancy is considered high risk because of your age or health conditions, you may require more frequent visits and special care. You may also need to see a doctor who works with high-risk pregnancies.
Here are a few articles to check out:
- Pregnancy Tips
- A Healthy Diet Plan During Pregnancy | Calcium Rich Diet During Pregnancy
- Taking Care Of Your Mental Health During Pregnancy
Are you using one of these antenatal care tips from the above list? If yes, then tell us how has your experience been so far? Share your thoughts in the comments!
Did you find this guide useful? Share it with your friends on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn!
Sharing is caring ❤