It is the Calculi (stones) in the Gall’s bladder that may obstruct the cystic or Common bile duct. Choledocholithiasis is the rocks in the Common bile duct.
Table of Contents
Chronic cholecystitis with cholelithiasis
Therapy for simple cholelithiasis is symptomatic. Cholecystitis develops when irritation and inflammation of the gallbladder mucosa gradually develop. Cholecystitis can be acute or chronic as well as calculous or acalculous.
Composed primarily of pigment
- It occurs when the balance that keeps cholesterol, bile salts, and calcium is altered, causing precipitation of these substances Conditions affecting balance: infection and altered metabolism of cholesterol.
Composed primarily of cholesterol
Signs and symptoms
- History & physical examination
- Would these laboratory tests show increased or decreased levels?
- Liver function tests
- WBC count
- Serum bilirubin
- Serum amylase
- Abdominal x-rays
- Ultrasonography – most accurate
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Percutaneous transhepatic cholangiography
- Acute episodes focus on.
- Pain control.
- Dilaudid (hydromorphone).
- Ketorolac (Toradol).
- Demerol (Meperidine).
- NSAIDS, anticholinergics.
- Infection Control – antibiotics.
- Fluid and electrolyte balance.
- IV fluid.
- Metoclopramide (Reglan).
- Ondansetron (Zofran).
- Prochlorperazine (Compazine).
- Fat-soluble vitamin replacement: A, D, E, K.
- Bile salts: Ex: Decholin; enhance fat absorption.
- Bile acids: Exs: Questran and Colestid.
- Bind bile salts and treat pruritus.
Non surgical stone approaches stone removal
- Endoscopic sphincterotomy (papillotomy).
- Mechanical lithotripsy.
- Cholesterol solvents.
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy.
- Gall bladder removed through Four puncture holes.
- Removal of GB via a right subcostal incision.
- To Prevent Complications, primarily pulmonary.
- Wound Care.
- Dietary modification.
I tried to cover as much as I could for Cholelithiasis, but if you still have a question in your mind, feel free to give us comment.
Do share this post with others who wanted to learn about health solutions in depth.
Sharing is caring ❤