What is constipation?
Constipation refers to bowel movements that are frequent or hard to pass. As a result, the stool is often complex or becomes dry. Many other symptoms may include abdominal pain and bloating. Complications from constipation may include hemorrhoids, anal fissures, or fecal impactions. Adults’ regular bowel movements are between three per day, while young children typically have two to three per day.
We will know more about constipation, like its causes, symptoms, and the natural remedies to beat constipation.
I have already shared a post related to this topic Right Sided Abdominal Pain I hope you read this post.
Table of Contents
Causes of constipation
Constipation happens when bowel movements become small frequent and stool becomes challenging to pass. Here are some causes of constipation.
- If you are not eating enough high-fiber food.
- when you are not drinking enough water, it can lead your body to constipation.
- If you ignore the urge to have a bowel movement.
- Especially during pregnancy and after childbirth, a change in a women’s hormones can make them constipated.
- Older age people are mostly inactive, or they have a slower metabolism, which can occur indigestion.
- Your specific medication also can affect your digestive system.
- Taking a large amount of milk or cheese can be challenging to digest.
I recommend you to read following posts that will help you: How To Detox Your Body From Drugs?
Symptoms of Constipation
These are the main symptoms that you may feel during constipation.
- Fewer than three bowel movements in a week.
- Your bowel movement is painful.
- Having stomachache or cramps.
- Passing lumpy, dry, or hard stools.
- Feeling that you have not fully cleared your bowels.
To learn more, you can read: Foods That Cause Bowel Obstruction
Get your poop on! This laxative powder unblocks your system naturally and Relieve constipation without causing cramping, bloating sudden urgency, and gas.
Laxative Powder for Gentle Constipation Relief
No. 1 Dr. Recommended Brand
Stimulant-Free, Softens Stool
When to see a doctor?
If you are having below health issues during constipation, you should visit your doctor.
- Constipation starts suddenly without an apparent reason.
- Rectal bleeding or blood in the stool.
- Constant back pain or abdomen pain
- Difficulty in passing gas.
- High fever
- Unexpected weight loss
- Loss of appetite
Here are a few articles to check out: Acute Rheumatic Fever
Foods that can prevent constipation
- Flex seeds
- Pear, plums, and apples
Best probiotic for constipation 2021
Choosing the right probiotic is key to treating constipation, as some strains may not be as efficient as others.
Look for other supplements that include the following strains of bacteria, which have been given to improve stool consistency:
- Bifidobacterium lactis
- Streptococcus thermophilus
- Lactobacillus reuteri
- Lactobacillus Plantarum
- Bifidobacterium longum
- Intake high fiber foods.
- Keep your body hydrated.
- Swimming is the best exercise to avoid constipation.
- Establish a healthy routine.
- Elevate your feet during the constipation period.
- Avoid holding stools or do not ignore the urge to have bowel movements.
Above foods and natural remedies can help you to resolve the occurrence of constipation.
I recommend you to read following posts that will help you: How Do You Know If You Are Dehydrated?
Constipation is a common health issue. It happens most often due to a change in diet or routine. You should call your doctor if you are having severe symptoms or discomfort with constipation. If constipation comes on suddenly or its symptoms get worse, then you should speak to your doctor.
Which medications do you use from above list to treat your constipation? Let me know in the comments below.
Like this article? Don’t forget to share it!
Sharing is caring ❤