Being a mother is an opportunity, but many of these having complications like IUGR, so it is very important to know When to deliver IUGR baby?
34-37 weeks is an ideal time to deliver an IUGR baby.
IUGR is a complicated and common obstetric problem among women. In that Baby is less develop or less growth than a healthy baby. The Baby’s weight is less than 2.5kg. It seems in the preterm and post-term babies.
IUGR babies’ long-term effect means a baby born from 37 to 41 weeks of pregnancy. These IUGR babies appear may be physically mature but small.
Causes of IUGR
All of the following reasons are responsible for IUGR.
- Constitutional: Small women, thin built, low body mass index (BMI), maternal genetic and racial background
- Maternal nutrition: Before and during pregnancy Lack of amino acids, oxygen, and Glucose during pregnancy.
- Social factor: Bad habits of taking alcohol, smoking, and poor nutrition lead to growth retardation of the baby.
- Maternal diseases : Anemia (sickle cell disease, hereditary anemias), hypertension, thrombotic diseases, heart diseases, chronic renal disease, collagen vascular disease, etc. are important causes for IUGR.
- Toxins : Alcohol, smoking, cocaine, heroin, drugs
- Structural anomalies – Cardiovascular, renal
- 8-12% growth-retarded infants
- Triploidy, aneuploidy
- Trisomies( 13, 18, 21), Turner’s syndrome
Disorders of bone and cartilage
- Osteogenesis imperfect, chondrodystrophy
- Less blood supply to the uterine wall leads to chronic placental insufficiency with an inadequate substrate transfer.
- 40% of causes of IUGR are unknown
- Weight deficit at birth about 600 mg
- Length: unaffected
- Head circumference larger than body
- Reflexes: normal
- Baby is alert, active, typical cry, and eyes open
To learn more, you can read Pregnancy with Heart Disease: Symptoms, Causes, And Treatment.
PROBLEM SOLVED! With GLOW Folate & DHA, I highly suggest vitafusion PreNatal Gummy Vitamins you can rest assured that Baby and you are getting the extra nutrition support you both need for healthy fetal development.Try this product and feel the better faster.
Symptoms of IUGR
Lower maternal weight gain and less or no fetal movements or actions may show in IUGR. Symptoms present in infants having IUGR are:
- Lack of buccal fat or fat in the cheeks
- Deficient muscle mass and subcutaneous fat
- Small abdomen
- Long fingernails
- Large head
- Average big eyes
I also wrote a tutorial on Premature Infant: Cause, Treatment, And Health Problem In Pregnancy
Do you know a baby gets disease immunity from its mom during pregnancy? Mothers can gain this immunity Vitamin Code Raw Prenatal prenatal multivitamin. by using the given multivitamin supplements.
Types of IUGR
Based on ultrasound and clinical evaluation of fetuses are divided into two types :
- Affected by early developments of cellular growth.
- Due to congenital and chromosomal abnormalities.
- The pathological process that will affect all organs including head.
- Affected in later months during cellular hypertrophy.
- A pathological process that will affect maternal disease and fetus.
- It affects the fetus due to a lack of oxygen and nutrients to the baby.
- lack of oxygen to the brain.
Prevention of IUGR
To prevent IUGR, mothers should have to do care before and during pregnancy.
- A healthy eating pattern, physical exercise should be done by the mother.
- Appropriate Spacing between two babies to prevent IUGR.
- Irons and folic acid supplementation.
- Management of specific disease conditions like diabetes and hypertension.
Care during pregnancy
- The mother should have proper bed rest to supply blood to the uterus.
- Take a well-balanced diet.
- Vitamins and mineral supplementation.
- Get a medicine that is prescribed by the doctor.
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and smoking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Weight Gain medicine for newborn babies with IUGR?
IUGR can happen in any pregnancy. But some risk factors, smoking or alcohol or medicine use, increase the risk for IUGR. Regular and early prenatal care, a healthy diet, and steady weight gain help prevent IUGR and other problems.
Should IUGR babies be delivered early?
If IUGR risks the baby’s health, early delivery may be required or require early delivery. Babies with IUGR are frequently delivered by cesarean section, as their weakened situation can make it hard to tolerate the stress of labor and delivery.
Do babies with iugr move a lot?
In many cases, a baby diagnosed with IUGR occurs to be small (perhaps like one of his parents). And sometimes, a baby who seems small in the womb turns out to be a normal size at birth.
Can IUGR babies be normal?
IUGR babies are sometimes born prematurely (before 37 weeks of pregnancy). As a result, babies with IUGR are at greater-than-normal chance of various health issues before, during, and after their birth.
IUGR delivery at 34 weeks?
A fetus of 34 weeks or more may be a good hopeful for early delivery. The mother can be induced to start labor or may perform a Cesarean section. If the fetus is less than 34 weeks, the doctor is most likely to start to monitor the condition and decide at 34 weeks if early delivery is required.
This article you should read for a healthy pregnancy:
Commit to Healthy Choice to Help Prevent Birth Defects. Buy NOW 👇
Nature Made Prenatal Multivitamin
Multivitamin to Support Baby Development and Mom
- No Artificial Flavours
- Gluten Free
There is no known way to prevent IUGR. However, there are ways to reduce your child’s risk, like Focus on eating healthy foods. As per doctors’ prescription, take your prenatal vitamins with folic acid.
Avoid unhealthy lifestyles, such as drug use, alcohol use, and smoking. Stay stress-free, doing exercise. These all factors help to reduce the risk of intrauterine growth restriction.
If you want to read suitable post according to your related to your present circumstances, Ask me to share relatable in the comment box below.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends!
Sharing is caring ❤