The patient’s problem increases as soon as heart disease occurs what to eat and what not to eat in case of heart disease, how to prevent the disease. Many such things start coming into the mind of the patient.
You must have seen that doctors always advise heart patients to pay special attention to their diet because many heart-related diseases are caused by not consuming a nutritious diet and an unhealthy lifestyle.
I have covered All About Coronary Heart Disease. Must read this post.
Table of Contents
- A commonly used condiment (methi), it is a rich source of dietary fiber. Studies show the hypocholesterolemic effect of Fenugreek in patients who received Fenugreek for over ten days.
- Fenugreek being bitter has to be incorporated into the diet, up to 25 g/day.
I have also covered List Of High Cholesterol Foods in depth that you might like.
- Garlic (Allium sativum) is a commonly used food world-wide.
- Ayurvedic recommendations for garlic as a remedy for heart ailments are ancient, but recent scientific studies have also shown a marked lowering of lipid profile using garlic.
- The effect of garlic is more preventive than treating the atherosclerotic process. Other natural fiber sources are barley, millets, Bengal gram, oats, and beans (guar). They have all been reported to have a lipid-lowering effect.
Check out the following article to get more information :
- There is a special relationship between hypertension and coronary heart disease. Several studies have shown that in people aged 50-59 yrs, a reduction of daily sodium intake to about 3 g of salt would, after a few weeks lower the systolic blood to 5 mm Hg and 7 mm Hg in those with high blood pressure.
- No rise in blood pressure was seen in a population with a salt intake of less than three g/day.
- An increase in potassium may also confer pressure with age was seen as significant benefits and should be achieved through a diet rich in vegetables and fruits.
- Foods high in salt like pickles, sauces, preserved and canned foods, processed cheese, potato wafers, other snacks, ham, sausages, bacon, etc., should be avoided.
I recommend you to read following posts that will help you: What Vitamins And Minerals Are Good For the Brain?
Yoga and exercise
Physical activity increases energy expenditure, physical fitness, and sensitivity to the action of insulin, all of which are beneficial effects for obese people.
Energy cost of activities
Walking at faster speed (5.3 miles/hour)
Bicycling (moderate speed)
House hold work
Yoga and meditation
- The remedies for stress management of heart disease through yogic practice have gained widespread acceptance in the medical field.
- Yogic relaxation practices are effective in reducing anxiety. In the release of repressed emotions, an individual can be less reactive of repressed emotions; an individual can be less reactive to situations, thus improving mental health and physical well being.
- The conclusion is that lifestyle modification, body weight maintenance with a low-fat diet, rich in fiber, and antioxidants with physical exercise combined with meditation and yoga could be preventive for hyperlipidemia.
A few other articles that you might be interested in:
If you find the information in this post useful, please share it with your friends and colleagues on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Sharing is caring ❤