Is Biotin Causing You to Gain Weight?
Let me start you off with this simple truth:
- No, there is no proof that biotin causes weight gain. There have been statements from some people taking biotin to increase their appetite.
Well, these questions I would answer in this detailed review of Biotin.
Biotin plays a significant role in promoting the body to convert food into valuable energy, called vitamin H and B7. This B complex vitamin is rich in many foods.
Thus, biotin is present in several foods; not everyone consumes enough of them regularly. When that happens, taking a biotin supplement is a smart way to take advantage of the impressive benefits of biotin.
Now, let’s understand everything about biotin with this review…
I have already shared a post related to this topic What Does Vitamin B Complex Do? I hope you read this post.
Table of Contents
Does biotin make you gain weight?
Some people claim that taking biotin can cause you to gain weight. But unfortunately, there’s no scientific research out there to back up that claim definitively.
If you’re considering using a biotin supplement to help with weight gain, this will be so far from your expectation.
In short, biotin does not lead to weight gain. You can ask any doctor, healthcare provider, or even medical student to confirm this fact.
I recommend Nature’s Bounty Biotin vitamins play an important role in helping maintain energy metabolism. It also supports your healthy hair and nails to look and feel your best.
Now, let’s move to the following section, where I’ll explain a little bit more about biotin and its benefits.
Biotin has many impressive benefits, including:
- Biotin helps stimulate hair growth, causing hair to thicken and appear more lustrous. Biotin can also promote hair to look healthier while growing more quickly and sustainably.
- Biotins also help to keep your skin nourished and improves skin texture.
- Biotin is known for its capacity to strengthen nails. Higher doses of biotin have succeeded in significant nail health improvement.
- Biotin is one of the necessary medications for rebuilding muscle strength and helping tissues grow.
- In addition to making you look fabulous, biotin also assists with some of your body’s cell growth.
- Biotin promotes fetal and child development in pregnancy also helps prevent congenital disabilities.
- Biotin keeps your nervous system functioning by assisting with neurotransmitter activity and helping with nerve signals.
- Biotin can affect people is by maintaining blood sugar. So for diabetes patients or those who struggle with maintaining a healthy blood sugar level, biotin can be beneficial.
- Biotin helps you get your mood and energy back on an upbeat track.
- Biotin is necessary to maintain appropriate thyroid activity and regulate sleep, hunger, energy, and pain.
- Biotin may be able to help lowers cholesterol within a reasonable range.
- Along with boosting metabolism, biotin also helps in weight loss.
- Biotin elevates your resting rate of metabolism.
Detoxifying your body will help ease your muscle building. The following suggested Whey Protein Isolates (WPI) are the purest form of whey protein that currently exists. With more than flavors to choose from, whey gives you plenty of ways to keep workout recovery interesting.
Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder
Double Rich Chocolate, 5 Pound (Packaging May Vary)
Whole foods biotin supplements
Now, there are many ways to consume biotin through your diet. Remember that cooking the below foods can render biotin useless, so eating these raw means you’ll get more active biotin.
Biotin is plentiful in a wide range of foods, including:
- Egg yolk
- Nuts and nut butter
- Soybeans and legumes
- Whole grains and cereals, like oatmeal
- Wheat germ
- Brie cheese
In the next section, I explain if you take too much biotin harmful or not.
What if you take too much biotin?
Too much biotin has never been proved to be harmful unless you are pregnant, but it can produce false lab tests. However, there’s no evidence that biotin can cause weight gain or loss.
Similar to other vitamins, too much biotin isn’t recommended. Always talk to your doctor about the other medications you’re taking before taking biotin.
Suppose you’re looking for the best vitamins supplement that works. Keep your diet on track with the Natrol Biotin Beauty Tablets. See results fast with this powerful weight-loss supplement.
Don’t start biotin medication without consulting your doctor to determine the appropriate dosage.
Read: Do And Don’t For Pregnancy.
Here, I collected a list of the best biotin supplements you can purchase from any drugstore.
Biotin supplements are available in the market and can often purchase from your local drugstore. You may also find biotin in multivitamin products.
30 mg of biotin per day for age 13 and up is recommended. Although, it would help if you always speak to your doctor before adding biotin supplements to your daily routine.
Top 10 biotin supplements available in the market:
- SolaGarden Naturals Whole Food Biotin
- Garden of Life mykind Organic Plant Collagen Builder
- Olly Ultra Hair
- Pure Encapsulations Hair, Skin, and Nails Ultra
- Klaire Labs Biotin
- Pure Encapsulations Biotin
- Life Extension Biotin
- Bronson Biotin Gummies
- Nature Made Biotin Gummies
- Carlyle Liquid Biotin
Most people don’t need biotin supplements, but there are multiple options for those who want to take, including soft gels, gummies, and liquids.
Make sure to choose a supplement with high-quality standards tested by a third party.
As we move ahead, I will look for biotin side effects & safety.
Side Effects & Safety
Biotin doesn’t increase weight directly. Also, biotin seems to cause acne on your face, as many women confirmed. Therefore, you may be better off with proven hair or nail care products than risking your looks or health.
You may experience more negative effects than acne while taking biotin for weight loss.
My favorite is “Question to Answer,” where I can find direct questions users are querying to find my pages.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will biotin help you lose weight?
Along with boosting metabolism, biotin can aid in weight loss. This is because consuming or ingesting biotin elevates your resting rate of metabolism. So, although this vitamin boosts your metabolism, it helps accelerate weight loss, especially when paired with chromium.
What vitamins make you gain weight?
Individuals suffer from weight gain and eating disorders due to vitamin B and iron shortages in rare cases. Due to this, it becomes a to have vitamin types such as Vitamin B to enhance appetite and food consumption, thus leading to increased weight. In addition, folate in this vitamin causes increased weight and muscle tone.
Does biotin increase appetite?
Biotin may help control blood sugar and fetal development, although more research is needed. Excessive use of biotin has never been shown to be harmful. Unless you are pregnant. In general, there is no evidence that biotin can cause weight gain or weight loss.
What does biotin do to the female body?
Biotin is well known for its positive effects on hair. Research shows that biotin improves hair health – including shine, volume, and scalp coverage in women who experience thinning hair. Research also shows that biotin helps improve skin hydration, smoothness, and appearance.
Biotin is a readily available supplement, but that doesn’t mean you should take it without talking to your doctor. Most of us are getting sufficient biotin through our regular diet and don’t need extra supplements.
Which medications do you use to make yourself healthier? Let me know in the comments below.
Like this article? Don’t forget to share it!
Sharing is caring ❤