Thus, biotin is present in several foods; not everyone consumes enough of them regularly. When that happens, taking a biotin supplement is a smart way to take advantage of the impressive benefits of biotin.
Table of Contents
Does biotin make you gain weight?
Some people claim that taking biotin can cause you to gain weight. Unfortunately, there’s no scientific research out there to back up that claim definitively.
If you’re considering using a biotin supplement to help with weight gain, this will be so far from your expectation.
In short, biotin does not lead to weight gain. You can ask any doctor, healthcare provider, or even medical student to confirm this fact.
Biotin has many impressive benefits, including:
- Biotin helps stimulate hair growth, causing hair to thicken and appear more lustrous. Biotin can also promote hair to look healthier while growing more quickly and sustainably.
- Biotins also help to keep your skin nourished and improves skin texture.
- Biotin is known for its capacity to strengthen nails. Higher doses of biotin have succeeded in significant nail health improvement.
- Biotin is one of the necessary medications for rebuilding muscle strength and helping tissues grow.
- In addition to making you look fabulous, biotin also assists with some of your body’s cell growth.
- Biotin promotes fetal and child development in pregnancy also helps prevent congenital disabilities.
- Biotin keeps your nervous system functioning by assisting with neurotransmitter activity and helping with nerve signals.
- Biotin can affect people is by maintaining blood sugar. So for diabetes patients or those who struggle with maintaining a healthy blood sugar level, biotin can be beneficial.
- Biotin helps you get your mood and energy back on an upbeat track.
- Biotin is necessary to maintain appropriate thyroid activity and regulate sleep, hunger, energy, and pain.
- Biotin may be able to help lowers cholesterol within a reasonable range.
- Along with boosting metabolism, biotin also helps in weight loss.
- Biotin elevates your resting rate of metabolism.
Whole foods biotin supplements
The best way to consume biotin is through your diet. Remember that cooking the below foods can render biotin useless, so eating these raw means you’ll get more active biotin.
Biotin is plentiful in a wide range of foods, including:
What if you take too much biotin?
Too much biotin has never been proved to be harmful unless you are pregnant, but it can produce false lab tests. However, there’s no evidence that biotin can cause weight gain or weight loss.
Similar to other vitamins, too much biotin isn’t recommended. Always talk to your doctor about the other medications you’re taking before you start taking biotin.
Don’t start biotin medication without consulting your doctor to figure out the appropriate dosage.
Biotin supplements are available in the market and can often purchase from your local drugstore. You may also find biotin in multivitamin products.
30 mg of biotin per day for age 13 and up is recommended dosage. Although, it would help if you always speak to your doctor before adding biotin supplements to your daily routine.
Top 10 biotin supplements available in the market:
SolaGarden Naturals Whole Food Biotin
Garden of Life MyKind Organic Plant Collagen Builder
Olly Ultra Hair
Pure Encapsulations Hair, Skin, and Nails Ultra
Klaire Labs Biotin
Pure Encapsulations Biotin
Life Extension Biotin
Bronson Biotin Gummies
Nature Made Biotin Gummies
Carlyle Liquid Biotin
Most people don’t need biotin supplements, but there are multiple options for those who want to take, including soft gels, gummies, and liquids. Make sure to choose a supplement that has high-quality standards tested by a third party.
Side Effects & Safety
Biotin doesn’t increase weight directly. Also, biotin seems to cause acne on your face, as many women confirmed. Therefore, you may be better off with proven hair or nail care products than risking your looks or health.
Biotin is a readily available supplement, but that doesn’t mean you should take it without talking to your doctor. Most of us are getting sufficient biotin through our regular diet and don’t need extra supplements.
Which medications do you use to make yourself healthier? Let me know in the comments below.
Like this article? Don’t forget to share it!
Sharing is caring ❤