Breast cancer is a type of cancerous growth that starts to grow in the breast. Cancer begins when cells begin to grow uncontrollably.
In most cases, breast cancer cells form a tumour that can often be felt as a lump or seen on an X-ray.
Cancers occur due to abnormal cell production in the body. In breast cancer, there is damage in the BRCA 1 and BRCA 2 genes. Breast cancer is the abnormal growth and spread of the breast cells, and it spread to the other parts of the body.
Table of Contents
Risk factors for breast cancer
Should not ignore some risk factors like
- Age: The risk of breast cancer also increases with increasing age. Most breast cancer is more common in women aged 50 years.
- Drink Alcohol: Drink regularly is more likely to cause breast cancer.
- Early menstruation: If you’re first menstrual period is before the age of 12, and there may be a possibility of breast cancer.
- Giving birth at an older age: A woman who has their first child after age 35 has an increased risk for breast cancer.
- Late menopause starts: A woman starts menopause after the age of 50, then there is a possibility of breast cancer.
- Diet and weight: Increasing weight after menopause can increase the odds.
- Reproductive history: You don’t breastfeed and don’t have a full-term pregnancy
Stage of breast cancer
- The size of growth in diameter in stage I is 1-2 cms.
- cancer hasn’t spread to the lymph nodes.
- cancer hasn’t spread outside the breast.
- The survival rate is 90%.
- The size of growth in diameter in phase II is 5 cms.
- Cancer hasn’t spread to the axillary lymph nodes.
- Cancer may or may not apply to axillary lymph nodes.
- The tumor is less than two cms in diameter, and it spread to the three axillary lymph nodes.
- The size of growth in diameter in stage III is more massive than 5 cms.
- It is a severe form of cancer.
- The cancer cells have spread to the body’s distant parts, such as bones, organs, or lymph nodes far from the breast.
- In this stage, only symptom relief is the priority.
- The overall survival rate is 20 %.
Breast cancer sign and symptoms
Vital signs of cancer in female
- Thickening of the lump in the breast.
- Unusual bleeding.
- Unusual white discharge.
Other signs and symptoms are
- Loss of weight.
- Loss of appetite.
- Hard lump.
- Swelling in the axilla.
- Dry cough.
- Bloody discharge from the nipple.
- Loss of consciousness.
- Screening examinations.
- Physician examination.
- Mammography(Removal of the breast).
- FNAC( fine needle aspiration cytology).
Prevention of breast cancer
physically being active can reduce the risk of breast cancer. Exercise for at least 30 minutes every day or be well active in household work.
Your weight. Both obesity and weight are harmful to our health. So keep your weight under control; it is a cause of breast cancer.
Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
The practice of cigarette and alcohol consumption is also quite common among women nowadays. You can say that it is also a cause of increasing breast cancer in women.
This breast promotes cancer. Women who drink should not consume more than one alcohol drink a day.
It would help if you tried to avoid it. The same applies to cigarettes
Avoid eating birth control pills after 35 years
Contraceptive pills have both risks and benefits. The younger the age of a woman, the lower the risk. At the same time, when women take contraceptive pills after an age, the risk of breast cancer increases slightly.
You can reduce this risk by stopping the consumption of these pills. Birth control pills also increase the risk of stroke and heart attack – especially if a woman smokes.
Breastfeeding plays an essential role in the prevention of breast cancer. The longer you breastfeed, the more time you will be able to stop this danger. Among women who breastfeed their child, the risk of breast cancer is five percent lower than women who have not breastfed their child.
To learn more, read this posts:
Eat healthy diet
Eat a balanced diet to protect yourself. Increase the intake of fruits, juices, and green vegetables in your diet. Reduce carbohydrates in your diet. This increases obesity. Avoid consuming packaged beverages such as juices and cold drinks.
other preventive measures
- Check obesity.
- Avoid X-rays.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Breast self-examination.
- Mastectomy(Removal of the breast).
- Lymph node resection.
- Breast sparing surgery.
- Prophylactic ovary removal.
- Breast reconstruction surgery.
Does breast cancer hurt?
NO, Breast cancer is not so much painful, but when it causes pain, it is non-cyclic, which is only in one focal place. This Noncyclical breast pain may need a little more evaluation to learn the cause of breast cancer.
Can hair dye increase the risk of breast cancer?
In the last some years, studies indicated the possibility of cancer from hair products. Hair product producers contain more than 50000 chemicals that have some mutagenic and endocrine-disruptive properties.
Women who used hair dye regularly at 12 months were 9% more likely to develop breast cancer.
Women who use these products every 5-8 weeks or longer have an increased risk of breast cancer.
It is a cancer of the breast in which cells grow uncontrollably, and replications occur rapidly. It is more common after skin cancer. Some risk factors are responsible for causing breast cancer, such as lifestyle changes, infertility, family and genetic factors. By the proper prevention, medical and surgical treatment can prevent it.
If you find the information in this post useful, please share it with your friends and colleagues on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Sharing is caring ❤