The person feels that sadness from time to time and more than two weeks three weeks, then there may be chances of mild depression.
A person will have insomnia and hypersomnia complains about fatigue, low energy, helplessness, hopelessness, low self-confidence, so counseling and pharmacological treatment are required to treat the symptoms of dysthymia.
Dysthymia is also a type of depression.
Dysthymia (neurotic/reactive depression) is a chronic, mild depressive state persisting for months or years. It is more common in females an episode of major depression may sometimes become laid over on underlying neurotic depression. That is known as ‘double depression.
Table of Contents
Causes of dysthymia
- Below average serotonin level
- Increased vulnerability when multiple stressors and personality problems are combined.
- Brain chemistry environmental factors
In many situations, these factors interact to increase the risk of developing depression.
I have already covered:
Signs and Symptoms Dysthymia
The symptoms of dysthymia disorder are very similar to major depressive disorder. The symptoms include:
You must read this article for better solution:
If you are experiencing symptoms of dysthymia or depression, the doctor will evaluate your symptoms and medical history. A doctor will ask questions about the severity, nature, and duration of your symptoms.
- Careful psychiatric examination and medical history
- Based on ICD 10 criteria
Treatment of dysthymia
- CBT: This therapy focuses on learning to recognize and change underlying negative thought patterns.
- IPT: In IPT is similar to CBT but focuses on identifying problems in relationships and then finding ways to improve how you relate to and interact with other people.
There are many things that people can do to help cope with depression. There are things that you can do that will complement therapy.
Mild symptoms of depression can disrupt the ability to function and enjoy your life; notably, these symptoms are long-lasting.
Many effective treatments are available for dysthymia that can make a significant difference in your health and well-being.
Talk with the doctor about how you are feeling to explore the treatment options that are right for your health.
Here are couple of articles, which you should definitely read to learn.
- Behavioral Therapy For Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Attitude Therapy: Definition, Types, and Step of Therapy
- Recreational Therapy: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Which medications do you use to avoid Dysthymia Depression? Let me know in the comments below.
Like this article? Don’t forget to share it!
Sharing is caring ❤