What Is Tourette Syndrome?
Tourette syndrome is a neurological disease. It causes returned, automatic physical moves and vocal discharges. The exact cause is hidden.
Tics include eye blinking, throat clearing, sniffing, shoulder shrugging, mirror grimacing, etc.
I had earlier shared How to Stop Tics disorder I hope you read.
Table of Contents
Incidence of tourette's syndrome
- 5 to 30 per 10,000 in children and 1 to 2 per 10,000 in adults.
- More frequent in boys than girls.
- The age of onset is two years but is seen more common in childhood.
Causes tourette’s syndrome
- 2/3 of relatives of Tourette’s disorder client
- Twins study with both monozygotic and dizygotic twins.
- Abnormality in the level of dopamine, serotonin, GABA, acetylcholine, norepinephrine
- Dysfunction in the area of basal ganglia
- Larger volume in sub-region of the hippocampus in the brain
- Complication in pregnancy
- Low birth weight
- Head trauma
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
Are you concerned about your child’s self-destructive and unhealthy behavior, or is your child suffering from mental trauma? Then, buy the following product without any single thought. We’re sure you’ll notice a difference after using this product.
Early signs of tourette’s syndrome in children
- Eye blinking
- Shrugging of shoulder
- Tongue protrusion
- Neck jerking
- Facial gesturing
- Hitting self
- Twirling( hair twirling)
- Echo kinesis(the act of imitating movements)
- Throat clearing
- Clicking( sharp sound)
- Grunts (animal voice)
- Echolalia(Repetition of the words)
- Palilalia(obscene gesture, inappropriate touching)
- Coprolalia(vulgar words, socially unacceptable)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Computerized tomography (CT),
- Electroencephalogram (EEG) studies,
- Lab investigation
- Clinical examination
- Neurological examination
- To mould the habits of tics and reduce the urge of the spasms.
- Help the child to cope with the problem and decrease the child’s unwanted behaviour by support.
I have already covered:
For many people with Tourette’s syndrome,
you may find that tics improve in your late teens and early 20s. Symptoms may even stop spontaneously and entirely in your adulthood.
It’s vital to remember you Tourette’s syndrome is a medical condition that doesn’t affect intelligence or life expectancy.
Here are a few hand-picked guides for you to read next:
- Childhood Amnesia Trauma
- How Parenting a Child with Conduct Disorder?
- What Causes Epilepsy In Children?
- Do I Have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
If you see any symptoms related to Tourette’s syndrome in your child, let us know in the comment box. So we can help you
Like this article? Don’t forget to share it!
Sharing is caring ❤