If our body temperature is higher than regular, we call it a fever, because of which our body starts shivering, and pressure on muscles start.
Usually, our body temperature is 98.6 Degree Fahrenheit (36 degrees CELSIUS).
Due to fever, we experience more tiredness and cold.
Fever can also be called symptoms of infection.
Any illness, injury and infection that have been going on in our body for a long time can also cause fever.
Due to lack of immunity in the body, diseases like cough, cold, and fever can occur. Changing the weather can also cause fever.
Table of Contents
Types of fever
- Cold, dull fever and sweating of the body are all these fever symptoms.
- Body temperature is above average for more than 24 hours, and it has not changed more than 1 degree Celsius.
- A recurrence of fever lasts from a few days to a few weeks.
- In this type of fever, the temperature of our body sometimes increases at the usual point or sometimes suddenly, the body temperature rises.
- In intermittent fever, our body’s temperature rises from average or subnormal to high fever and back at regular.
- In lyses fever, our body temperature falls in a zigzag manner for 2-3 days or week, and the body temperature in the fever is not average and remains slightly above normal.
- In Inverse Fever, the body temperature will remain at the highest point in the morning and the lowest point in the evening.
- In relapsing fever, we have a fever for 2-3 days in the relieving turmoil. After that, you will become normal, and there is no problem.
- In rigor fever, our body temperature will rise quickly, and we feel shivering.
- In law pyrexia, our body temperature 99 to 100 degrees FAHRENHEIT. It does not happen more than that.
- In mild, our body temperature is between 100 and 103 FAHRENHEIT.
- In high pyrexia, our body temperature is 103 and 105 FAHRENHEIT.
- In hyperthermia, the body temperature is 105 FAHRENHEIT or above.
- In hypothermia, if the temperature falls in 95 FAHRENHEIT and 35 FAHRENHEIT.
- If your fever comes from high temperature to direct law temperature, it is called Crisis Fever.
Fever in adults: When to worry
In the adult, if the temperature is 103 F (39.4 C) or higher, then call your doctor.
In toddlers and babies, even a slight fever may be a sign of a severe illness.
High or persistent fever in adults is a sign of a severe health condition.
Know more about fever: Is Rheumatic Fever Contagious? | Scarlet Fever vs Rheumatic Fever
Fever symptoms in adults
- Severe headache
- Unusual skin rash, significantly if the rash rapidly worsens
- Muscle pain
Other common symptoms are,
- Our body temperature is above 103 CELSIUS.
- Most headaches also occur.
- Feeling cold and weak.
- Full body pain like hands and pears.
- Hunger seems low and dizzy.
- Eye irritation and discomfort.
- The human mind becomes irritable.
- Breathing is difficult.
- During fever, we sometimes get cold or sometimes heat.
- We also feel weakness in doing small work and cannot get up from the bed.
Fever causes in adults
Some adults have the risk of getting a fever. You have any chronic health issue, and you may be more likely to get a severe fever.
- Heart disease
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- HIV and AIDS
There is some treatment and medication that can lead to severe fever,
- Radiation treatment
- Blood pressure drugs
Diagnosis of fever
Diagnosis of fever is usually a simple process. The patient’s temperature is taken, and if the temperature is above one level, it will be called fever. While measuring the temperature.
Physical activity can increase our body temperature.
A person suffered from fever when:
The temperature in the mouth is higher than 37.7 ° C (99.9 ° F).
The temperature in the rectum is higher than 37.5–38.3 degrees centigrade (100–101 Fahrenheit).
The temperature under the arm or inside the ear is above 37.2 centigrade (99 Fahrenheit).
We understand how a headache, body aches, or fever can put a damper on your day. So it’s time to check out your fever with a suggested forehead thermometer. That also pairs with Smartphone to track your health. Find the link here…
Non-Contact Smart Forehead Thermometer
Pairs with Smartphone to Track Family Health & Get Illness Guidance
Treatment of Fever
your doctor may give over-the-counter medications such as acetaminophen (Tylenol, others) or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others).
Antibiotics are not treating viral infections, but some antiviral drugs are used to treat some viral infections.
However, the best treatment for the minor diseases caused by the virus is often relaxed and plenty of fluids.
Keep your surroundings clean.
Tulsi has antibiotic properties by which we can eliminate the virus of our body.
Coriander tea is very useful in ending fever.
Drinking soaked fenugreek water throughout the night will provide relief soon.
The bandage of ice water reduces fever.
There is a lack of water in the body due to fever, so drink more water.
Take crocin and paracetamol.
Eat fruits and vegetables which rich in vitamin C.
When to go to the emergency room
When your fever may be a sign of any severe health issue, then get emergency medical attention by going to the ER, and call an ambulance for these symptoms if you have:
- Difficulty breathing
- Rash and hives
- Swelling in your body
- Headache pain
If the adult is battling an infection or any other disease, then fever can prove to be harmful in it.
If you have a fever that lasts three days or have other severe symptoms, call your doctor. Do not ignore your fever in this condition.
Here are a few articles to check out:
- Is sneezing a symptoms of covid 19 | Covid 19 Sneezing
- Is my Sore throat Covid or allergies ? | Sore throat first sign of covid
- All About Coronavirus Fever And Covid Night sweat With No Fever
I tried to cover as much as I could for fever, but if you still have a question in your mind, feel free to give us comment.
Do share this post with others who wanted to learn about health solutions in depth.
Sharing is caring ❤