In this, the therapist helps the patient to relieve emotional distress and symptoms without probing
Into the past and changing the personality.
The therapist helps in motivation, suggestion, comforting and active listening to the patient.
In supportive therapy, the therapist helps the patient know about the disease condition, handle the patient’s state, and the coping strategies to solve the problems.
The therapist helps the patient make social interactions, making friends develop a social relationship, and decreasing the patient’s loneliness.
The therapist encourages the patient to develop their creativity and hobbies to engage in the activity and divert the patient’s mind.
I had earlier shared What Is Individual Psychotherapy And How It Works? I hope you read the post.
Techniques of supportive therapy
- It is a free expression of feelings or emotions. The patient is encouraged to talk about whatever comes to his mind; emotional problems may be due to maladaptive patterns and psychological issues.
- it should be according to the diagnosis of the patient. e.g., violent patients should provide a quiet and nonstimulating environment.
- It is a form of supportive therapy. It will help in kind of positive attitude help in managing symptoms of anxiety and depression. Give enough knowledge regarding disease conditions.
To get started, you’ll need to: Major Depressive Disorder With Psychotic Feature
- Provide positive motivation to the patient like to get well soon, subside and nothing to worry about, etc.
- Suggestions are the positive symptoms that help in relieving the stress and symptoms.
Doctors often prescribe it along with medications, although some people may only benefit from psychotherapy.
Finding a professional is essential. The person should be qualified and experienced, and it should inspire the person’s faith.
A few other articles that you might be interested in:
- Conversion Disorder Psychology Definition
- Benefits Of Art Therapy
- Biblio Poetry Therapy
- Attitude Therapy
- Do I Have Bipolar Disorder? | Treatment For Bipolar Disorder
I tried to cover as much as I could for psychotherapy, but if you still have a question in your mind, feel free to give us comment.
Do share this post with others who wanted to learn about health solutions in depth.
Sharing is caring ❤