A stroke is an obstruction of the blood supply to any part of the brain resulting in a sudden brain function loss.
Death of part of the brain may lead to loss of the body’s specific function controlled by the affected region.
I have already shared a post related to this topic What Is A Brain Abscess?: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment I hope you read this post.
Table of Contents
Types of stroke
It happens due to a blood clot in the brain’s blood vessels.
It can happen due to cerebral thrombosis or cerebral embolism.
It happens due to a blood vessel that breaks and bleeds into the brain.
I also wrote a tutorial on What Is Autoimmune Encephalitis?: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment that you can follow.
Causes of stroke
Cerebral thrombosis: A blood clot (thrombus) forms in one of the arteries that supply blood to your brain, reducing the blood supply.
Cerebral embolism: An embolic stroke occurs when a blood clot or other debris forms away from your brain, commonly in your heart, and is swept through your bloodstream to lodge in narrower brain arteries.
To learn more, you can read this post: What Vitamins And Minerals Are Good For the Brain?
Cerebral hemorrhage: Hemorrhagic stroke occurs when a blood vessel in your brain leaks or ruptures.
I have already covered What Is Relation Between Anemia And Covid? must read this post.
- High blood pressure
- Heart diseases
- Smoking. When you smoke, you damage your blood vessels and raise your blood pressure
- A personal or family history of stroke
- Race and ethnicity
- Alcohol and illegal drug use
- Not getting enough physical activity
- High cholesterol
- Unhealthy diet
- Having obesity
- High blood cholesterol level
I also wrote following articles, which might be helpful:
Clinical researches have shown that Ginkgo Biloba positively affect your brain performance. So here we suggest Nature’s Bounty brain support supplement. Find the product link here…
Ginkgo Biloba Pills and Herbal Supplement
Supports Brain Function and Mental Alertness
120mg, 100 Capsules
How Do I Know If I Am Having A Stroke
Symptoms of a Stroke
The symptoms of stroke often happen quickly they include:
- Changes in alertness (altered level of consciousness)
- weakness of the face, arm, or leg
- Sudden difficulty walking,
- loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden confusion
- Trouble speaking
- Sudden vision loss
- Sudden severe headache
Here are a few articles to check out:
- Complete physical and neurological examination
- CT SCAN
- CT SCAN with angiography
- Cerebral Angiogram
- Heart tests like ECG AND Echocardiogram
- Laboratory test LIKE-CBC, blood cholesterol, blood glucose, cardiac enzymes.
It is a medical emergency. Immediate treatment can save a life.
- Thrombolytic therapy
- Managing other medical problem: antihypertensive, antidiabetic, analgesics, Cholesterol-lowering agents, oxygen inhalation, electrolyte balance.
- For hemorrhagic stroke, open brain surgery must remove a blood clot from the brain and repair damaged blood vessels.
- Carotid endarterectomy. It removes the plaques from arteries that run along each side of your neck to your brain (carotid arteries).
I recommend you to read following posts that will help you: Can Hemorrhoids Cause Vulvar pain?: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment,
- Controlling high blood pressure (hypertension.)
- Get blood pressure checked regularly.
- Lowering the amount of cholesterol from the diet.
- Quitting tobacco use and maintaining a healthy weight.
- Eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables.
Here are a few more articles which will help you to learn more:
- What Vitamins And Minerals Are Good For the Brain?
- High Protein Vegetarian Diet Plan
- What Foods To Avoid With High Cholesterol?
Also, if you think we have missed important information in this post, then remind us in the comments below.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends!
Sharing is caring ❤