It is an uncommon condition caused by the bacterial toxin from Staphylococcus aureus or sometimes by group A streptococcus pyogenes in the bloodstream; it can be life-threatening.
I have already shared a post related to this topic Down Syndrome : Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment I hope you read this post.
Table of Contents
How do you get toxic shock syndrome
- Uncertain cause
- Associated with menstruation and super-absorbent tampon use
- Condition such as cellulitis, surgical wound infections, subcutaneous abscesses, vaginal infection after childbirth, and contraceptive
I had earlier shared following posts, I hope you read the post:
Signs and symptoms toxic shock syndrome
- Fever (greater than 102 degrees) and diffuse rash
- Flu-like symptoms
- Hypotension and rapid progression of shock within 72hours
- Mucus membrane hyperemia
- Vomiting and profuse watery diarrhea
- Rapid progression to multisystem involvement
To learn more, must read: Guillain Barre Syndrome: Flu Vaccine Side Effects And All About It
It’s extremely important to give your skin a little extra lovin! But, when it comes to choosing the best product, Remedy Soap Tea Tree Body Wash is the best to fight any skin infections. Click the below button to purchase the product.
Remedy Soap Tea Tree Body Wash
Helps Wash Away Body Odor, Soothe Athlete’s Foot, Ringworm, Jock Itch, Yeast Infections, and Skin Irritations
100% Natural with Tea Tree Oil, Mint & Aloe
Adjustable Support Straps- Lower Back Belt
Diagnostic evaluation toxic shock syndrome
Doctor may refer following tests for toxic shock syndrome
- History collection and physical examination
- Lab investigations: Blood, urine, throat, vagina, or cervical cultures
- CT scan and chest X-ray
Does tampon cause toxic shock syndrome?
Tampons can raise the risk of toxic shock syndrome in two ways. Including Tampons left in the vagina for a long time may encourage the bacteria to grow. Tampons can stick to the vaginal walls when blood flow is light, causing tiny abrasions when they are removed.
You must read this article: Burning Sensation In Vagina?
- Fluid-electrolyte replacement
- Inotropes and vasopressor medications(Dopamine)
- Intra venous antibiotics
- Mechanical ventilation and Surgery
Toxic shock syndrome is a very rare infection. 50% of cases have been linked with the use of a menstrual device like tampons. However, tampons use is not the only way to catch the disease. The bacteria on our skin can cause the disease. This syndrome can be harmful if not diagnosed early and proper treated.
Related: All About Hemorrhoids
Don’t forget to share this guide with your network on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn!
Sharing is caring ❤