Lack of water in the body or say that dehydration is as standard; its create ill effects on health.
As we all know that our body is made up of 70 % of water. In such a condition, water is not only for the basic need of our body, but it is essential for normal body functioning.
Our body often gets dehydrated in the summer season, so its deficiency is called dehydration in medical language.
So here we discuss the symptoms, causes, and treatment of dehydration.
If there is not enough water in the body, then your body not able to work. When an excessive amount of liquid is dismissing from the body, that condition is called dehydration.
Table of Contents
Types of dehydration
- Occurs when sodium loss is more critical than water loss
- If sodium loss occurs more than 48 hours, it becomes chronic hyponatremia, and the body adapts to this state.
- Sodium imbalance’s main effects are neurological symptoms, headache, nausea, lethargy and potentially confusion, coma, and death.
- Hypertonic dehydration occurs when water excretion from the body exceeds sodium excretion in increased sodium creation in the extracellular hypertonic.
- Blood osmolality increases, causing water to shift from the intracellular to the extracellular space.
- Bodybuilding dehydration is a condition in which both water and sodium is the missing arrangement, and the serum sodium concretion maintains normal serum Molality.
- Serum osmolality the speed of fluids and electrolytes across the membrane.
Symptoms in toddlers and babies
Some symptoms in adults
When dehydrated, your mouth and tongue become dry or sticky. Water is essential for your body to make spit and saliva. Due to its lack, bacteria start growing in your mouth.
Dehydration can cause problems like constipation, and it’s not good for you. Water is needed to digest food and move waste along your digestive tract.
Thirst and hunger
Overweight adults need more water to stay hydrated, and you also feel hungrier when you are dehydrated.
Lack of water in your body can reduce blood pressure. Lack of water in your body can reduce blood pressure. It can cause blood pressure.
There are other symptoms of dehydration which are,
- Brain function
Must read these article: Can Stress Cause Nausea?: All About Stress And Adaptation
Causes of dehydration
- If there is a shortage of water in our bodies, dehydration can occur.
- If you spend too much time in the sun without eating anything, then there is a possibility of dehydration.
- Dehydration occurs due to excessive exercise, fever, diarrhea, and not eating food at the right time.
Dehydration in pregnancy
During pregnancy, you need plenty of water and fluids. Because of that, your blood volume becomes more.
Vomiting or nausea in the morning during pregnancy is one of the reasons for dehydration. If you are pregnant, then you should drink 8 to 12 glasses daily.
To learn more, you can read:
- During dehydration, more and more water should be drink.
- Lemonade, coconut water, and a nutritious diet are taking in dehydration.
- Eat fruits with more water.
- Take curd and buttermilk every day during summertime.
- Make a drink ORS at home and drink it three and four times a day.
Can end the lack of dehydration only by drinking more water.
If you feel that this dehydration is due to some medicine or disease, you must see the doctor.
Which medications do you use from above list to treat yourself from dehydration? Let me know in the comments below.
Like this article? Don’t forget to share it!
Sharing is caring ❤