Conduct disorder is a severe mental disorder that is found only in children and adolescents. Due to this type of mental disorder, there is a lot of irritability and violent behavior in children.
Conduct means ‘conduct,’ due to which there is a lot of change in the behavior of children and adolescents.This mental disorder is a rare disorder.
This type of disorder is more likely to arise when the environment around the child is very violent or distorted family. These leave a profound impact on the child’s developing brain, and he is a victim of such a severe mental disorder, ‘Conduct Disorder.
Conduct disorder is a behavioral disorder in children that manifest when they aggressive and destructive towards adults.
The children lack the social skills to be accepted by their peer groups and, as a result, become isolated and have low self-esteem.
Parents of a child with conduct disorders appear to have:
- Frequent family crises
- Mental health problem
- Addictive behaviors
- Financial problems
- Legal problems
- Marital problems
- Minimal social contacts
- Inadequate parenting skills Which all hurt children.
- Conduct disorder comes under disruptive behavior disorder.
- The child is not following basic rules set by society.
I recommend you to read following posts that will help you:
- Marital and Family Therapy: Goals, Complications and Types
- Social Handicaps: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, Types
Table of Contents
Types of conduct disorder
Conduct disorder also has two types.
- It may start before ten years of age
- Usually, boys frequently display the sign of Conduct Disorder in their peer relationships.
- It may lead to Oppositional defiant disorder, and it will fully associate with conduct disorder by puberty age.
- The child may develop other mental illnesses like antisocial personality disorder in adulthood.
You must read:
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder Criteria
- Borderline Personality Disorder dsm 5 | All About Personality Disorder
Adolescent Onset Type
- It may start after ten years of age.
- Sometimes Person display aggressive behaviour & normal peer relationship.
- The ratio of boy to the girl is lower than in childhood-onset type.
- The child may be persistent in conducting disorder or developing an antisocial personality disorder.
Causes of conduct disorder
The following list is the causes of Conduct Disorder.
- Physically Injury and damage to oneself and others.
- Abnormality in the Nerve cell and Brain circuits
- Family Management with harsh discipline
- Parental rejection
- Early institutional livingFrequent shifting of parents and that resulting in insufficient attention towards the child.
- Large family size
- Parents with an antisocial personality disorder
- Parents with alcohol dependence
- marital conflict and divorce
- inadequate communication pattern
- Substance abuse family member and traumatic experience
- family history of alcohol or substance abuse
- dysfunctional family life
I have already covered: Withdrawal Alcohol Abuse
Does Your child experience hyperactivity or difficulties focusing at school? Equazen Pro can be used as nutritional support for traditional focus and behavioral therapies. Fine the product link here…
Fish Oil for Kids
- Improve Focus, Learning
- Memory + Behavior in Children and Teens
- DHA / EPA Omega-3 + Omega-6 Supplement for Brain Support
Symptoms of conduct disorder
- Aggression towards people and animals.
- Destruction of property.
- Deceitfulness (hide of keeping things), lying, or stealing.
- Serious violation of rules and regulations.
- Aggression against people and animal
- Used the weapon to harm other
- Physically cruel to people and animal
- Forces someone into sexual activity
- Destruction of Property
- Stealing items
- Serious violation of rules
To learn more, you can read: Disruptive Behavior Disorder: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Diagnosis of conduct disorder
- History: medical and family history
- Mental status examination
- Observation of the child. Discussion with child and family.
- Assessment should be done by a mental health professional.
- Complex and challenges.
- Can give treatment according to the severity of the symptoms.
- Can give a combination of psychotherapy and medication treatment to the patient.
I also wrote a article on Is Adjustment Disorder With Anxiety A Mental Illness? also you can read
- Psychotherapy: With the help of this type of therapy, children are taught to control themselves and express their point of view without any violence. It is a type of counselling. Along with this, what does the child think, what makes him the most angry, when he is very happy. All these things are taken care of.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Family therapy
- Parent management training (PMT).
- Presence of epilepsy: anticonvulsants
Suggested read: Goals Of Supportive Psychotherapy
- Medicines: Medicines are used a lot when mental disorders arise, but when the problem is too much, then medicines are taken. In this, those medicines are used which work to balance the hormonal imbalance in the brain.
- Hyperactivity: stimulant medication.
- Impulse-control disorder and episodic aggressive behavior: lithium, carbamazepine.
- Psychotic symptoms: antipsychotic.
Children with behavioral disorders living in abusive homes can be placed in separate homes. If it is not abused, using behavioral therapy or talk therapy to help your child’s mental health help them learn.
Mental health care providers also teach you how to manage your child’s behavior. Can also use medication to treat a mental condition if your child has a mental disorder such as depression or ADHD.
Here are a few hand-picked guides for you to read next:
If you want to read suitable post according to your health condition, Ask me to share relatable in the comment box below.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends!
Sharing is caring ❤