Teeth grinding or bruxism is where a person grinds or rubs their teeth together. While doing this, the jaws are forcibly moved side to side or back and forth.
It is believed that this is a disease of children, but it is not so at all. Elders also have this habit. Teeth grinding is not only a habit, but it is also a sign of many diseases.
But often, when doing it, the person is not aware that they are doing it.
Most people do this only when there is a clenching of teeth or when they hold their teeth together, and the muscles hold and keep chewing it.
People may gnash or gnash their teeth during the day and night, but sleep-related bruxism is difficult to control.
It results from tension originating in unexpressed anger.
Generally seen during sleep as a manifestation of disturbing dreams, pent-up stress, and aggression.
Bruxism is the spot in children with mental retardation and those suffering from CNS infection.
Table of Contents
Causes of Bruxism
- Sleep-related movements
I also wrote a article on Do I Have A Sleep Disorder? you can read.
Signs and Symptoms Of Bruxism
Symptoms of teeth grinding includes:
- Loosening of teeth
- Fractured teeth
- Sleep disturbances
- Tooth pain
- broken teeth or hurting
To learn more, you can read: Grinding Teeth In Sleep
Prevent Teeth grinding and all its related symptoms, like headache, earache, facial muscle pain, using these high-quality latex-free mouth guards. Instead, use them as a whitening teeth tray, and off you go with your bright smile!
A mouth guard for Grinding Teeth and Clenching Anti Grinding Teeth
Custom Moldable Dental Night Guard to Prevent Bruxism
How To Stop Teeth Grinding Naturally?
- Help the child to find ways to express their resentment.
- Bedtime enjoyments like pleasant stories found to be helpful.
- Improving the environmental situation which responsible for the tension and conflict.
- Praising and other emotional support are useful during such times.
- To avoid teeth grinding, first, you have to reduce stress.
- Get enough sleep of 8 to 9 hours.
- Do yoga and Meditation to control your anger habit.
- Keep TV and mobile away from yourself while sleeping.
- Stop taking soda, coffain products, chocolate products, and energy drinks.
- Take foods rich in calcium and magnesium in your diet.
Here are a few more article which will help you:
Is Biting Your Nails Bad For Your Teeth?
Are you using one of these tips from the above list? If yes, then tell us how has your experience been so far? Share your thoughts in the comments!
Did you find this guide useful? Share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn!
Sharing is caring ❤