Graviderum: –During Pregnacy
Table of Contents
Causes of hyperemesis gravidarum
To learn more, you can read: Multiple pregnancies: Symptoms ,Causes, and Treatment
- Expecting a coefficient (twins, triple or more).
- Family history of vomiting during pregnancy.
- Sensitive to certain odors or tastes
- Motion sickness
- Risk of foodborne illness from eating raw, mashed foods, or fruits and vegetables that have not been washed
Here are couple of articles to check out:
- Multifactorial causes such as endocrine, gastrointestinal and psychological factors.
- Raising the level of estrogen and HCG.
- Mother has multiple pregnancy or hydatidiform Multifactorialcauses such as endocrine, gastrointestinal and psychological factors.
- The increasing level of estrogen and HCG.
- The mother has numerous pregnancy moles.
- Women with a previous history of hyperemesisgravidarum.
- Infection with Helicobacter pylori.
To learn more, you can read post: Multiple pregnancies: Symptoms ,Causes, and Treatment
Symptoms of hyperemesis gravidarum
Symptoms are include:
- Electrolyte imbalance
- Weight loss of up to 10% of the pre-pregnant weight.
- May see rapid pulse, low blood pressure & dry furred skin.
- The mother is unable to retain food or fluid.
- In severe cases, jaundice may appear, which indicates hepatic involvement.
- Mother’s breath may smell of acetone, a sign of ketosis.
I recommend you to read following posts that will help you:
Risk to baby
You must read this article: Pregnancy Tips | Pregnancy Care
Here are a few articles to check out:
- Admit women in the hospital for assessment and management of symptoms.
- Take the history of frequency & severity of vomiting.
- Diagnose the type of vomiting, i.e., mild, moderate, or severe.
- Note mother’s appearance & sign-symptoms of hyperemesis.
- Nothing did give by mouth to allow time for vomiting to controllers.
- Give I/V infusion to correct hypovolaemia & electrolyte imbalance.
- Given gradual fluids & foods as her condition improves.
- Smallpalatablemealonregularbasishelptoencouragethemothertoregain her appetite.
- Vitamin supplement scanbegivenforprolongedhyper-emesisgravidarum
- Drugs received general publicity for hyperemesis treatment, pharmacological treatment for nausea & vomiting.
- The mother’s condition worsens if it is left untreated.
- Wernicke’s encephalopathy due to lack of thiamine.
- Coma & death due to renal & hepatic involvement.
- It is persisting into the third trimester due to severe illnesses like acute fatty liver of pregnancy.
You must read this article: Severe Anemia In Pregnancy: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment
The great news is that the symptoms of Hyperemesis Gravidarum. Disappear after the baby is born. However, postpartum recovery is long for women with Hyperemesis Gravidarum.
Hyperemesis Gravidarum. to you and your family. Talk to your doctor for help and get support. Communicate your feelings to your doctor and personal support system.
Here are a few hand-picked guides for you to read next:
Also, if you think we have missed important information in this post, then remind us in the comments below.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends!
Sharing is caring ❤