A person goes to a doctor for treatment, but the doctor does not find any medical illness. Still, the person has a strong feeling of disease due to that person worry excessively about health; then there may be chances of illness, anxiety disorder, or Hypochondriasis.
I had earlier shared Is Adjustment Disorder With Anxiety A Mental Illness? I hope you read.
Table of Contents
Signs and symptoms hypochondriasis
- Chest and gastrointestinal complain
- Body pain
- Fear of having a major illness
- abnormal awareness
- Complain of pain
- The feeling of tightness around the forehead
- Increase bowel sound
- Peristalsis movement in the stomach,
- Increase heartbeat
Here are a few articles to check out:
Causes of hypochondriasis
Treatment of hypochondriasis
- Individual psychotherapy
- The goal is to develop healthy and adaptive behaviors
- Focus is on personal and social difficulties and achievement of practical solutions.
- Identify precipitating stressors and conflict
- Group psychotherapy
- Treatment of choice for somatization disorder and Hypochondriasis
- Provides social support and social interaction
- Clients can share their experience of illness
- Can learn to verbalize thoughts and feelings
- Involve working with the family who may perpetuate the physical symptoms by rewarding the passivity and dependency.
- Focuses on teaching them to reward the client’s autonomy, self-sufficiency, and independence.
- Following drugs used in somatoform disorder
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor
- Antipsychotic drugs
A few other articles that you might be interested in:
- What is Somatoform Disorder?: Treatment, Symptoms, Causes
- Antidepressant Drugs List And Side Effects
- Goals Of Supportive Psychotherapy
- Is Psychotherapy Effective? | All About Psychotherapy
- What Is Individual Psychotherapy And How It Works?
Also, if you think we have missed important information in this post, then remind us in the comments below.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends!
Sharing is caring ❤