Mitral regurgitation is a reversal of blood flow from the left ventricle (LV) to the left atrium (LA).
Table of Contents
- Papillary muscle rupture (post-MI).
- Rheumatic fever
- Mitral annular calcification.
- Dilated cardiomyopathy.
Signs and symptoms
- Edema, ascites
- Urination, excessive at night.
- Congestion around the heart and lungs.
Now you can get the benefits of beetroot in a convenient, fun way with a great flavor. Just two super beet chews per day will help to support heart health. Buy now from Amazon…
SuperBeets Heart Chews
Helps Support Healthy Circulation, Blood Pressure, and Energy
Mitral valve regurgitation life expectancy
The long-term survival of mitral valve regurgitation patients is with five years. But if the patient undergoes successful surgery, then he can live life as a general population.
Here is a complete guide on: Mitral Valve Stenosis: Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
- Chest X-ray
- Cardiac catheterization
- Vasodilators. E.g. nitroprusside.
- ACE inhibitors.
- Intra aortic balloon pump.
In most cases, mitral valve regurgitation is not severe.
However, over time the condition may worsen and may experience its symptoms.
Anyone who does not feel any pain in the chest and experiences symptoms should report it to the doctor and change your lifestyle.
Here are couple of articles, which you should definitely read to learn more about heart disease:
- Angina Pectoris Occurs When….
- What is Ventricular Septal Defect murmur?
- Atrial Septal Defect Murmur? All About Atrial Septal Defect
- How Fast Does Aortic Stenosis Progress?
Meanwhile, let me know if you have any feedback for me or for Star Health line?
Like this article? Don’t forget to share it!
Sharing is caring ❤