Intestinal obstruction is a significant mechanical impairment, which is partial or complete blockage of the bowel that fails the intestinal contents’ passage through the intestine.
Mechanical obstruction is divide into a block of the small bowel and a partnership of the large bowel.
Partial Intestinal Obstruction
Table of Contents
Types of intestinal obstruction
- Simple intestinal obstruction
- Strangulated intestinal obstruction
- Closed-loop intestinal obstruction
Simple Intestinal Obstruction
- In this type, blockage prevents intestinal contents from passing; blockage occurs without vascular compromise.
Strangulated Intestinal Obstruction
- In a strangulated intestinal obstruction, the blood supply part of the obstructed section of
- the intestine is cut off, in addition to blockage of the lumen. Venous obstruction occurs first,
- Followed by arterial occlusion, resulting in rapid ischemia of the bowel wall
Closed-loop Intestinal Obstruction
- Both ends of the intestine section are obstructed, isolating from the remaining of the intestine.
Causes of intestinal obstruction
Symptoms intestinal obstruction
- It is a physical blockage to the intestinal contents without disturbing the blood supply of
- A condition that can cause mechanical obstruction Tumors and neoplasms
- Twisted loop of intestine Foreign bodies Inflammatory bowel diseases Stenosis
- Adhesions in the intestine Hernias Abscesses
- There is no mechanical blockage of the intestine. Obstruction result from ineffective intestinal
- Peristalsis. The muscles of the intestine cannot propel the intestinal content properly
- Muscular dystrophy
- Endocrine disorders such as diabetes
- Neurological disorders
- Spinal cord injuries
Here are a few articles to check out:
- Avascular obstruction occurs in the large intestine when a narrowing interrupts the blood supply to the bowel.
- This narrowing inhibits peristalsis and can lead to life-threatening intestinal ischemia.
- Blood test88
- Plain abdominal x-ray
- Abdominal ultrasound
- CT scanning and MRI
- Place I.V. line for fluid replacement.
- N.G. tube into the stomach to suck out the fluid as well as air to release swelling in the
- Catheterizations for drain urine as well as collect it for the test.
- A rectal tube inserted into the lower bowel, And anti-emetics can manage to
- relieve pain and nausea
- Antibiotics to treat the bacterial infection
- Anticholinergic drugs are using to manage colicky pain.
- Usually, open abdominal surgery or laparotomy surgery is acceptable for this condition.
- Lysis of adhesions: the process of removing these bands of scar tissue is called lysis. eadyAfter the abdominal cavity has been opening, the surgeon detects the block area and beautifully dissects the adhesions from the intestine operate surgical scissors and forceps.
- Hernia repair: incision r near the location of the hernia. The herniated intestine is position back in the stomach cavity, and the muscle wall is repair
When treatment is left in the middle, the intestinal blockage causes the tissue to kill in the affected part of your intestine.
The outlook of intestinal obstruction depends on its causes and symptoms. In most cases of intestinal obstruction are treatable. Some other causes, such as cancer, require long-term treatment and monitoring.
Still have any questions about intestinal obstruction? Ask in the comments section!
If you find the information in this post useful, please share it with your friends and colleagues on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Sharing is caring ❤