The pelvic inflammatory disease has been associated with intrauterine devices (IUDs) since introduced.
PID or pelvic inflammation is an infection in women’s reproductive organs or pelvic cavity that may involve infection of the fallopian tubes, ovaries, pelvic peritoneum.
A tubo-ovarian abscess may also form. 1 in 8 women suffering from this problem may have problems in conceiving.
Table of Contents
Causes of PID
Chlamydia and Untreated gonorrhea can cause about 90% of PID cases. Some other causes include:
- Untreated cervicitis
- Pelvic procedures
- Chlamydia trachomatis
- Neisseria gonorrhea
- Reproductive tract infection
- Multiple sexual partners
- Early-onset of sexual activity
- Use of intrauterine devices
Say goodbye to intimate order, itching and discharge with the balance complex Vaginal Health Dietary Supplement and get the confidence you deserve.
Vaginal Health Dietary Supplement
- Help with vaginal itching relief, vaginal discharge, vaginosis treatment
- Support healthy intestinal function, bladder support and helps support vaginal health.
Symptoms of PID
Some women do not have any symptoms of pain, and some women have. Sometimes you do not even know that you are suffering. Its symptoms start suddenly and quickly.
- Abdominal and pelvic pain.
- Purulent cervical or vaginal discharge.
- Fever > 101°F
- Pelvic area, lower abdominal or lower back pain.
- Discoloration of abnormal color, texture, or smell from the vagina.
- Bleeding after sex.
- Feeling tired.
- Frequent urination.
- Pain more than usual during menstruation.
- Abnormal bleeding during menstruation.
- Loss of appetite
- Irregular periods
- Vomiting or nausea.
- Not having a period every month.
- Pain while making a physical relationship.
You must read this article:
Risk factors for pelvic inflammatory disease
You may face some risk in PID. If you have a disease like gonorrhea and chlamydia, you are at an increased risk of suffering.
Any other risk factors of PID:
- Had PID in the past
- Have many sexual partners
- Sex without condom
- Sex under age 25
Diagnosis for PID
You have any of the symptoms mentioned above, then treat them immediately and visit your health provider so that you can recover from them soon.
For pelvic inflammatory disease, tests are included:
- Pelvic exam for checking your organ
- Urine test
- Blood test
- History collection
- Physical examination
- Complete blood count and CRP level
- Endometrial biopsy
- USG and MRI
Pelvic inflammation is not always the cause of sexually transmitted infections.
However, keeping some things in mind can reduce the possibility of its occurrence.
Use condoms when having sex. It reduces the chances of getting a sexually transmitted infection.
Before making a physical relationship, get yourself and your partner tested for sexually transmitted infections and tell each other the results.
Avoid having a physical relationship with more than one person. It increases the chances of getting sexually transmitted infections.
Do not use soap or antiseptic on the pelvis.
Do not wash with a sharp edge of the water, such as JetSpray, etc. By doing this, those good bacteria can also be washed away, which helps in protecting the pelvis.
Also, due to water pressure, harmful bacteria can enter the body through the vaginal tract.
Do not consume alcohol and other drugs.
Here are a few articles to check out :
Pelvic inflammatory disease is a kind of bacterial infection, and for this reason, one can try the first treatment by giving antibiotics. Apart from this, PID can also be treated in other ways, such as
In case of mild PID –
- may give a shot of the antibiotic in the clinic.
- After this, after taking antibiotics for about two weeks, he will be sent home.
- It would be advisable to stay under the doctor’s supervision.
In case of severe PID –
- To be admitted to the hospital.
- Will give the drip an antibiotic.
- After this, will also give an antibiotic tablet
- If the pelvic inflammation is due to a sexually transmitted infection, it is necessary to have a different treatment.
- Even the woman’s partner needs treatment. At the same time, after taking an entire course of antibiotics, it is necessary to consult your doctor. From this, it can be checked that there are no more bacteria left in the body.
Antimicrobial and antibiotic treatment
- CLINDAMYCIN 900MG I.V. TDS
- CEFTRIAXONE 250MG I.M. O.D.
- DOXYCYCLINE 100MG P/O QDS
- Abscess rupture and sepsis
- Ectopic pregnancy
Most of the women get cured by the treatment of PID. Only a few women with a history of pain have difficulties in pregnancy, and pregnancy is still possible in most women.
Here are 3 guides that you can refer to learn more:
- How Many Women Are Sexually Assaulted?
- Vaginal disorders: Symptom, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- How Do You Get Cervical Cancer?
Do let me know what other health tips you follow to make yourself healthier? Share your tips in the comments below!
Don’t forget to share this post!
Sharing is caring ❤