Pervasive development disorders are more common (3-4 times) in males than females.
The onset occurs before the age of 2.5 years. In some cases, the beginning may occur later in childhood.
This syndrome has been described as autistic disorder, childhood psychosis, and pseudo-defective psychosis.
What is Autism?
Autism disorder (ASD) is used to describe a group of spectrum neurodevelopment disorders.
I had earlier shared What is Infantile Autism?: Symptoms, Causes and Treatment. I hope you read the post.
Table of Contents
Types of PDD
- A pervasive disorder that differs from autism in terms of either age of onset or failure to fulfill diagnostic criteria, e.g., disturbance in the reciprocal social interaction, communication, and restrictive stereotype doings.
- Atypical autism is in profoundly retarded people.
- The condition is characterized by severe and sustained abnormalities of social behavior similar to that of childhood autism with stereotype and repetitive activities and motor mannerism such as hand and finger-twisting or whole-body movement.
- There is no cognitive development or language.
Must read: Do I Have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
- A condition of the cause, reported only in girls. it is characterizing by apparently normal or near-normal early development, followed by partial or complete loss of acquired hand skill and speech and head growth declaration.
- Usually between 7 to 24 months of age.
I also wrote a tutorial on Speech and language disorders: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Test that you can follow.
Childhood disintegrative disorder(CDD)
- It is a rare condition characterized by the late onset of developmental delays in language, social function, and motor skills
Symptoms of PDD
Children on the autism spectrum have social communication and interaction problems, and often repeat certain behaviors.
- Have trouble controlling emotions
- Avoid eye contact
- Perform repetitive behaviors like , rocking, jumping, hand-flapping, or twirling
They need a strict schedule and they don’t like the slightest change in their routine.
Does Your child experience difficulties focusing at school? Equazen Pro can be used as nutritional support for traditional focus and behavioral therapies. Fine the product link here…
Causes of PDD
Finding out the causes of Pervasive Developmental Disorders is a huge topic. Scientists know that is one of the risk factors. But they still don’t know the correct answer. There is no “autism gene” at work. There are things other than genes.
Diagnosis and treatment
To diagnose Pervasive Developmental Disorders, the doctor will observe the child and ask the parents about the child’s behavior. No laboratory test is used for autism spectrum disorder.
There are medicines to help children with symptoms. Medicine works well when combined with socialization and life skill development therapy.
Pervasive developmental disorder’s outlook depends on its type and severity.
Children with PTSD continue to have some problems with communication and socialization, but many may also experience a significant increase in function.
A few other articles that you might be interested in:
- Do I Have Bipolar Disorder? | Treatment For Bipolar Disorder
- Major Depressive Disorder With Psychotic Features
Like this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn!
Sharing is caring ❤