What is retrograde alopecia?
Alopecia means Hair loss. And Retrograde Alopecia is a type of hair loss that affects the lower part of the neck called the nape and affects the skin above the ears. So that the hair continues to fall out, this condition is relatively common in individuals with hereditary hair loss.
And now we see about normal Alopecia.
I had earlier shared What Does Vitamin E Do? | What Is Vitamin E Good For? I hope you read the post.
This is a problem that can make both men and women victims. Under this, the hair of the head starts falling badly, and the person becomes a victim of baldness. In men, hair often falls from the edge and the front.
Nowadays, this condition is the most affecting problem for all males and females.
Table of Contents
Causes of alopecia
- Hereditary or developmental.
- Cancer conditions lead to hair loss due to squamous cell carcinoma, basal cell carcinoma, lymphomas, or secondary metastases.
- Any infection like bacterial, fungal can leads to hair loss.
- Burns, chemicals, mechanical injury can also lead to hair loss.
- Due to inflammation of the underlying dermis in diseases like syphilis, tuberculosis, herpes zoster, etc.
- Emotional stress
- After surgery
- Iron and Zinc deficiency
- Post pregnancy
- In patients with thyroid or pituitary disorder
I also wrote on What Vitamins And Minerals Are Good For the Brain? that you can follow
What are the symptoms of alopecia
- History Taking
- Scalp Examination
- Hair analysis the health professional will need to sample the hair for examination under a microscope. Scalp samples may be taken as well.
- Blood tests may include testing for conditions such as overactive or underactive thyroid glands.
Here is a complete guide on: How To Cure Hyperthyroidism Permanently?
Treatment of alopecia
There is no cure for alopecia. The standard form of alopecia treatment is corticosteroids, powerful anti-inflammatory drugs that can overcome the immune system. These are usually administered through local injections, topical ointment cream application, or orally.
Many other medications that promote hair growth or affect the immune system include Minoxidil, Anthralin, SADBE, and DPCP.
Many people with alopecia areata who miss the protective qualities of hair may wish to:
- Use headwear like hats, wigs, and scarves to protect the head from the sun.
- Use ointment inside the nose membranes moist.
- Wear glasses to protect the eyes from the sun.
- Wear sunscreen if exposed to the sun.
Support any groups and counseling is available for people to share thoughts and feelings and discuss psychological reactions to the condition.
To get started treatment, you’ll need to know: How Can I Boost My Immune System?
How to prevent retrograde alopecia?
Treatment of Retrograde Alopecia is rarely with surgical intervention, and it is highly recommended to avoid surgical reconstruction of regions affected by retrograde alopecia.
Medical treatments such as Propecia and Rogaine are the preferred treatments and auto blood and plasma therapies and potentially LLLT (low-level laser therapy).
Here are couple of articles, which you should definitely read to learn about.
If you want to read suitable post according to your health condition, Ask me to share relatable in the comment box below.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends!
Sharing is caring ❤