What is Shyness?
Shyness is the feeling of discomfort, awkwardness, lack of self-confidence in front of other people, and it is due to social anxiety and low self-esteem.
Shyness leading to complete withdrawal, and it is a behavior problem.
Shyness keeps you away from a good job even after being a capable person, even after knowing well the answers to the questions in the interview, you start stammering in front of the interviewer, and the interviewer understands that you are shy and you should either You are kept on a low salary, or you are rejected.
Are you Shy or Introvert, both the words are not synonyms of each other, but the meaning of both is different? When you want to communicate with someone, but there is a fear in you that you. If you are stopping to communicate, then it means that you are a shy person.
Still, you are excellent in yourself and do not want to talk and socialize more than anyone, then you are an Introvert, while we consider Shy and Introvert to be the same.
Apart from these plugins, I recommend you to read following posts that will help you to solve your problem.
Table of Contents
Causes of shyness
About 15% of babies are born with a tendency to be shy. Parents who are authoritarian or overprotective make their children shy.
Children who are not allowed to experience things have trouble developing social skills.
In many adults, highly critical work environments and public humiliation can lead to shyness.
What to look for?
Children who are constantly ridiculed may behave aggressively as compensation for their shyness. People who have experienced neglect may also be at risk.
I have already covered:
Diagnosis of shyness
Sometimes shy kids can’t be diagnosed and treated. Therapists assess shyness by engaging the child in games such as charades and board games. Therapists also use puppets and dolls for the child to play with it.
Prevention of shyness
To manage shyness, parents can help children develop the following skills:
- Managing anger
- Using humor
- Being kind
- Helping others
- Keeping secrets
All these abilities will help children to be comfortable with their peers and friends.
- Assess the cause of shyness.
- Talk to the child.
- Provide exposure to the child by arranging small get-to-gather with a peer group.
- Ignore the child’s mistakes.
- Don’t tell about the comparison of another student.
- Do not criticize the child.
- Give positive motivation to the child whenever perform well and initiative activity.
- Encourage the child to develop talent and their potentials.
- Encourage the child to build self-confidence.
- Do not force the child to socialize, as this may aggravate shyness.
For further read:
- How Parenting a Child with Conduct Disorder?
- Is Adjustment Disorder With Anxiety A Mental Illness?
- Children’s Mental Health and Emotional Well being in Primary Schools
Meanwhile, let me know if you have any feedback for me or for Star Health line?
Don’t forget to share this post!
Sharing is caring ❤