Headache is defined as pain in the head located above the eyes or ears, behind the crown, or in the back of the upper neck.
I had earlier shared Headache And Vomiting: How To Deal With It?. I hope you read the post.
Table of Contents
Tension Headache vs Migraine
Tension headache feel around
the head, behind the eyes, neck or shoulders.
Migraine can feel in one part of the head.
Band like pressure and tenderness of the neck, shoulder and head.
Throbbing pain in one part of the head.
Sensitivity to bright and light sound and strong scents.
Pain with physical extertions.
Tension headache is most common type of headache and it generally affects more women than men.
Migraine seems less common.
Around 12% of population are suffering from migraine.
Are you craving the best way to deal with your headache? Here we are recommending the best Ice Bags and Hot Water Bag for pain relief. Buy with confidence!
Ice Bags & Hot Water Bag for Injuries
- Hot & Cold Therapy for Pain Relief with Elastic Breathable Support
- Must-have product for sport injuries, pain relief, muscle aches and first-aid
Causes and risk factors of headache
- It may be symptoms of an underlying disease or can happen primarily.
- Intracranial infection.
- Head injuries
- Cerebral hypoxia
- Severe hypertension
- Acute or chronic disease of eye, ear, nose, or throat.
- A long hour at work
- Lack of sleep.
Here is complete information about How Do You Get Bacterial Meningitis?: Meningitis Precautions.
Classification of headache
- Tension-type headache
- Cluster headache
- It occurs when blood vessels of the head and neck constrict, resulting in a decreased blood flow.
- Unilateral or bilateral
- Moderate to severe
- increased by activities, light, sound.
Risk factors of migraine
- Hyperactivity of neurotransmitter serotonin
- Family history of migraine
- Tension or stress
- Alcohol use
- Lack of sleep
- Particular food such as chocolate, nuts, pickle
You must read this article: Drug And Alcohol Treatment
Signs and symptoms of migraine
- Throbbing, pulsating feeling at one or two sides of the head.
- Pain may be dull or severe.
- Pain may be with nausea, vomiting, vertigo, visual disturbances.
- Sensitivity to light or sound.
- Hemianopsia(loss of half vision)
- Blurred vision
Management of migraine
- The most typical type of headache.
- The result from the contraction of head and neck muscles.
- Occurs due to emotional issues such as cry, worry.
- It may be associated with depression and anxiety.
- Poor posture
- Tocaccoand alcohol use
- Hormonal changes in a woman
- Caffeine(too much or withdrawal)
- Common cold or flue
- Nasal congestion
Signs and symptoms
- Pain at head or neck
- Heaviness of head
- Beta blocker
- Calcium channel blocker
You must read this article: What Is Sinus Problem?
- One-sided eye pain involving the area around the eye.
- Occurs for few minutes to hours
- Most painful
- Uncommon type
- Taking certain medications
- Interruption in regular sleep pattern
- Abnormal level of hormones
- Alcohol and smoking
- High altitudes
- Bright light
- Hard work
Signs and symptoms
- Severe, sudden, burning, sharp pain around the eye.
- Excessive tearing
- Redness in the affected eye
- Swelling around the eye
Diagnosis of headache
- History taking and physical examination.
- Blood test
- CT scan of the brain
- CSF analysis
Prevention of headache
- A healthy diet and fluid intake
- Avoid excessive caffeine
- Getting adequate sleep
- Relaxation techniques
- Maintaining a routine
- Avoiding irritants
I recommend you to read following posts that will help.
How to relieve a migraine headache?
- Use a cold pack on your forehead
- Drink enough liquids and stay hydrated
- Do relaxing exercise
- Take a warm shower
- Avoid chewing
- Massage for few minutes
- Try meditation
- Have some caffeine
Home Remedies for headche
Whenever a headache occurs, you get upset, and people start taking many types of medicines or drink tea or coffee. But despite this, this pain does not follow you. You also know that consuming more medicines is not suitable for your health, so whenever you have a headache, you can reduce it and get rid of it with the help of some things lying at home.
You all know how beneficial Tulsi is, but do you know that it works to give you relief. So in such a situation, whenever you have pain, you should cook basil leaves in water and consume them. It can be more beneficial than any tea and coffee
Cloves are used a lot in home remedies. For example, in headache, heat the clove buds on the pan, tie the hot clove buds in a handkerchief, and keep smelling the bundle made of it; it helps in curing the pain.
3.Black Pepper and Mint
You can also consume black pepper and mint tea in headaches; it proves to be very beneficial. If you want, mix some mint leaves in black tea; your pain will be reduced by doing this.
4. Sandalwood paste
If sandalwood paste is lying in your house, apply it to your head; it provides immediate relief. If sandalwood is applied to your forehead, it cools your forehead, and you get to benefit from it.
Must read: Is Spinach Good For You?
Most headaches may ease after a short period or with mild pain relievers, but severe headaches like migraines can affect work and social life. These types of headaches generally need medical attention, and self-treatment may not always be the best option.
Like this guide? Don’t forget to share it!
Sharing is caring ❤