A hernia is a protrusion of an organ’s muscular wall through the cavity that usually contains it.
It is a non-typical protrusion of the intestine or other abdominal organ through a weakness or defect in the musculature into another cavity.
What is hernia?
A hernia is an occasion or weakness in the muscular structure of the wall of the abdomen. This fault causes a bulging of the abdominal wall.
Table of Contents
Types of hernia
- A reducible hernia means it is pushed back into the abdominal wall. Allows people to disconnect the lump that is showing through and helping it for a little while.
This type of hernias that you cannot press the mask back inside the abdominal cavity.
This because the mass is lodged into place and is too large or blocked in by another intestine.
It may be occasionally painful enlargement.
Some may be chronic without pain. It leads to a lack of blood supply to tissue.
Signs and symptoms of bowel obstruction may occur, such as nausea and vomiting.
When the hernia is strangulated, surgery is the only option.
When the hernia has become twisted with an intestine and is cutting off Its blood supply, and will cause ischemia, and later necrosis and gangrene, and the intestine.
Will die within a few hours if surgery is not done .The pain will be present. Nausea, vomiting, and bowel obstruction are common.
Causes of hernia
Hernias can cause combination of muscle weakness or strain. Hernia depending on different causes.
There is no specific cause of hernia but many reasons are helpful in getting hernia such as
- lifting heavy weights
- prolonged cough
- urinary obstruction
- long-term steroids and immunosuppressive drugs
Suggested read: Steroid Cream For Phimosis | How To Get Rid Of Phimosis?
What does a hernia feel like?
The most common symptom of a hernia is a lump and bulge or in the affected area.
Types of hernia, such as hiatal hernias have more specific symptoms like include heartburn, trouble swallowing, and chest pain.
I also wrote a article on What Does Gerd Feel Like? also you can read.
Classification of hernia
Hernias can be insensible on the authority to their anatomical location.
- It occurs in the area between the abdomen and thigh. It is calling inguinal because the intestine pushes a weak spot in the inguinal canal.
- Obesity, pregnancy, heavy lifting It is divided into two and an indirect and direct An indirect hernia is descending from the abdomen into the scrotum.
- The direct inguinal hernia occurs inside the indirect hernia, in an area where the abdominal wall is slightly thinner.
- Occurs between the thigh and the abdomen appears as a bulge on the upper thigh. It happens below the inguinal ligament; it is most common in women.
- It occurred when the abdominal wall wears out at the point of the umbilical cord. the small intestine part passes through the abdominal wall, and it is most common in the children
- In this type of hernia, the intestine pushes through the abdominal wall at the site of previous abdominal surgery, most common in old age and overweight people, even after any surgical repair.
- It occurs as a result of weakness in the muscles of the upper-middle abdomen
- It occurs between 20 to 50 years of age
- This type of hernia occurs when scar tissue weakens the abdominal wall, such as following a surgical operation or the following trauma.
- Occurs when part of the intestine passes through the gap between the bones of the pelvis’s front.
A physical exam is necessary to diagnose your inguinal hernia. The doctor will first examine your bulge in the groin area.
Because the hernia gets worse when you stand and cough, you will be asked to stand up and cough or strain.
The doctor also takes some other test which is below.
- Abdominal ultrasound
- CT scan
- Blood test
Looking for the perfect Light Support for your Hernia? STOMASAFE PLUS IS YOUR SOLUTION! Keep your lifestyle active by using this product.
Corsinel StomaSafe Plus Ostomy
Best Hernia Support Garment
SOFT and STRETCHY With Inner Pocket
Treatment for hernia
The only way to treat a hernia well is through surgical repair, although whether surgery is necessary or not depends on its size and symptoms.
Sometimes, wearing a truss can reduce the symptoms of a hernia. It is a supportive undergarment that helps you with the hernia.
If you have a hiatal hernia, some medications and prescription drugs that reduce stomach acid will keep you safe.
These include H-2 receptor blockers, antacids, and proton pump inhibitors.
I have already covered :
We will give you some instructions after surgery, which you follow, and then you will get a quick recovery. It includes which diet to follow, how to avoid physical stress.
Avoid smoking and obesity as significant risk factors for hernia recurrence.
Here are 3 guides that you can refer to learn more:
Do let me know in the comment box, how you have enhanced your health condition? And are you also wanted to learn more about treatments?
Remember to share this post with others on Social media!
Sharing is caring ❤