What is congestive heart failure?
The heart’s pumping power becomes slower than the usual blood moves through the heart and body at a slower rate, and thus the pressure in an increase in the heart. Due to that, the heart cannot pump proper oxygen and nutrients to the body.
Congestive heart failure develops when patients ventricles cant pump enough blood volume to the body.
Eventually, Blood and others fluids can back inside yours, lungs, liver, lower body.
Table of Contents
Causes of congestive heart failure
- Coronary artery disease: Fat and cholesterol can block the coronary arteries. Which are the small arteries that supply blood to the heart. This causes the arteries become narrower and that narrower arteries can restrict your blood flow and can also lead to damage in your arteries.
- Hypertension: when your BP is higher than normal. Chances to lead CHF. Hypertension has many different causes. In that case narrowing of your arteries which can makes it harder for your blood to flow through them.
- Diabetes: Diabetes is one of the strongest reason for the CHF.
- Heart rhythm abnormalities: Heart related any disease can lead to CHF.
Symptoms of congestive heart failure
- Irregular heartbeat
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Weight gain
- Rapid breathing
- Swelling in your feet, ankles, and legs
- Fluid and water retention
- Fatigue and weakness
- Rapid or irregular heartbeats
- Persistent cough
- Noisy and labored breathing
- Tachycardia, tachypnea
- Noisy and labored breathing
- Rales and wheezing Cyanosis
- Third heart sound (s3)
- Dyspnea( breathing difficulty)on exertion
- Paroxysmal nocturnal dyspnea
- Right ventricle fails as a capable pump
- Blood backs up into systemic circulation
- Tissue edema occurs
- Right ventricle cannot eject blood returning through vena cava
- Confusion, restlessness
- Increased pressure in systemic capillaries forces fluid out of capillaries into interstitial Spaces.
Categories of heart failure
Acute failure occurs to respond to a sudden decrease in cardiac output, resulting in a rapid reduction in Tissue Perfusion.
Left-Sided Heart Failure : Left-Sided Heart Failure Comprises Aortic Flow To The Body And Brain. Left-Sided Heart Failure Often Leads To Right Heart Failure In Longer Term.
Right-Sided Heart Failure : Right-Sided Heart Failure Comprises Pulmonary Flow To The Lungs.
Chronic Heart Failure : It Occurs When Body Adjust To Decrease In Cardiac Output Through Compensatory Mechanism, Result In Systemic Congestion.
- Blood tests
- B – type Natriuretic peptide (BNP) blood test
- Chest X-ray
- Ejection Fraction (EF)
- Electrocardiogram (EKG or ECG)
- Cardiac catheterization
- Stress test
Keeping your heart healthy is essential in these modern busy days. CARDIO MIRACLE is the complete Nitric Oxide Solution to keep your heart healthy. You can find the product link below.
The Complete Nitric Oxide Solution
Nutritional Heart Healthy L-Arginine and Organic Beetroot Drink Mix
Congestive heart failure medications
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications
- Antiarrhythmic agents
- Calcium channel blockers
- Some nutritional supplements, such as salt substitutes, & growth hormone therapies
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor (ACE inhibitor)
- Aldosterone inhibitor
- Biventricular pacing
- valve surgery
- coronary artery revascularization
- cardiac transplantation
- LA assisted devices.
Discuss with your doctor for best treatment. Patients condition may improve with the proper surgery or medications. And treat your other health challenges like blood pressure, diabetes, weight gain, etc.
I tried to cover as much as I could for congestive heart failure, but if you still have a question in your mind, feel free to give us comment.
Do share this post with others who wanted to learn about health solutions in depth.
Sharing is caring ❤