What Is Music Therapy?
A music therapy session may include different components, such as creating music, writing songs, or listening to music.
Music therapy provides a distraction for the person and alters the mood pattern.
Music therapy includes listening to music, singing song, instrumental music.
By music therapy, the patient can achieve the therapeutic goal.
Table of Contents
Benefits of music therapy
- The patient can express emotionally.
- The patient can improve the listening, learning, and attention span.
- It will reduce stress, discomfort and can manage the stress.
- Music therapy treats various physical and mental problems like depression and anxiety.
- By music therapy, the patient can express different kinds of issues in high and low energetic music.
- It increases relaxation
- It reduces loneliness
- It enhances spiritual connection
HoMedics White Noise Sound Machine
For Home, Office, Baby & Travel
Relaxing & Soothing Natural Sounds, Adapter Charging Options, Auto-Off Timer Sound Spa
Techniques of music therapy
There are different music therapies techniques:
- Writing song lyrics
- Creating art with music
- Writing the music for a new song
- Playing instruments
- Improvising music on instruments of voice
- Writing choreography for music
- Dancing and moving to live or recorded music
- Schizoaffective disorder
- Drug-induced psychosis
- ´Major depressive disorder
- ´Bipolar disorder
- Autism, mental retardation
- ´Dementia, Parkinson’s disease
Types of music therapy
Background music therapy
- It is a therapy in which music hearing for 6 to 12 hrs as a part of the hospital routine.
- It produces a calm and relaxed environment in the hospital.
Combined music therapy
- Its use with other therapeutic procedures.
- Unlike background music therapy, it calls for the patient to select musical compositions that enhance the musical outcome and suit them.
Executive music therapy
- It is individual or group singing and playing musical instruments.
- Patients with extended hospital stays are the best candidates for this form of treatment.
Executive Iatromusic therapy
- In this therapy, a musician active in the child`s psychiatric wards is us in emotionally disturbed and psychologically challenged children.
Creative music therapy
- In this, a patient writes a song, composes music, and plays instruments as a form of catharsis.
- ´In this repressed feelings or fears to be expressed in music and song.
What music therapy can help with
Music therapy also helpful for people experiencing:
- Mood disorder
- Surgery-related issues
- Research suggests some helpful topic for people with:
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
Music therapy is not a cure for a mental health condition; it is an effective and enjoyable tool for reducing the symptoms of depression and anxiety.
People have used music therapy for its powerful effects on emotions and mood for a long time.
Here are a few hand-picked guides for you to read next:
Also, if you think we have missed important information in this post, then remind us in the comments below.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends!
Sharing is caring ❤