Somatic symptom disorder is a mental illness. Due to this disease, a person becomes emotional quickly or can become very emotional under any circumstances.
In such a situation and the feeling of pain in some parts of the body, there is a feeling of mental torture and extreme sadness.
In fact, during this, the patient feels extremely upset and confused, and helpless.
A Person who has complained of Pain or fatigue without exact physical causes and requests for inquiry and treatment despite repeated by treating doctors.
I had earlier Shared Do I Have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder? I hope you read.
Table of Contents
Types of somatoform disorder
Body Dysmorphic Disorder
Stress from imaginary ugliness You believe that part of your face or body shape is not correct and stand in front of a mirror for hours to check it or try to hide it.
A hypochondriac is a person who continuously worries about their health, although there is nothing wrong with them.
To learn more, you can read: Hypochondriasis dsm 5
Somatoform autonomic dysfunction
The symptoms are presented physically or organ largely or entirely under control by autonomic innervation, i.e., cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, Acute respiratory, system and some aspects of the genitourinary system.
I also wrote a article on Gastro Intestinal Bleeding: Symptoms, Causes, Test and Treatment also you can read.
Persistent somatoform pain disorder
Somatic symptom disorder symptoms, such as pain, weakness, or shortness of breath, resulting in significant distress and problems. The person has excessive thoughts and feelings, with symptoms.
A somatization disorder is any mental illness characterized by physical symptoms that point to physical problems but cannot be attributed to a medical condition.
Symptoms of somatoform disorder
Symptoms of somatoform disorder include:
- Gastrointestinal problem
- Sexual problem
- Fear or preoccupation with body functioning misperceived as a major illness
- Irritable bowel
- Painful urination
Say hi to attention, retention, and concentration. Here we recommend a natural brain booster enriched with botanical extracts and nutrients that help improve brain functions. Buy the product right now to get impressive benefits.
Brain enhancement formula
For Cognitive Function and Mental Focus
Supports Productivity, Creativity, and Mental Clarity
Treatment of somatoform disorder
Following Psychotherapies are used in somatoform disorder.
- Individual psychotherapy
- The goal is to develop healthy and adaptive behaviors
Also read: Goals Of Supportive Psychotherapy
- Focus is on personal and social difficulties and achievement of practical solutions.
- Identify precipitating stressors and conflict
- Treatment of choice for somatization disorder and Hypochondriasis
- Provides social support and social interaction
- Clients can share their experience of illness
- Can learn to verbalize thoughts and feelings
Is Psychotherapy Effective? | All About Psychotherapy
- Involve working with the family who may perpetuate the physical symptoms by rewarding the passivity and dependency.
- Focuses on teaching them to reward the client’s autonomy, self-sufficiency, and independence.
With a doctor treating a somatic symptom disorder, and in some cases, using medications, you can improve your quality of life.
Your symptoms never go away, but how do you treat them not to affect your daily life.
- Behavioural Therapy For Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Major Depressive Disorder With Psychotic Features
- Borderline Personality Disorder dsm 5 | All About Personality Disorder
- Do I Have Bipolar Disorder?
If you see any symptoms related to somatic symptom disorder, let us know in the comment box. So we can help you
Like this article? Don’t forget to share it!
Sharing is caring ❤