What Is Vitamin C good for?
Here are benefits of vitamin C are including:
- Vitamin C helps in protein metabolism.
- Collagen is a vital component of connective tissue, which plays a crucial role in wound healing.
- Vitamin C is also an essential antioxidant within the body, including alpha-tocopherol (vitamin E).
- It helps prevent the development of certain cancers, cardiovascular disease, and other diseases in which oxidative stress plays a causal role.
- Vitamin C improves our immune function and enhances the absorption of nonheme iron.
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant vitamin good formation of healthy teeth, gums, and blood vessels; it improves iron absorption and infection resistance.
- Best vitamin supplements include Orange Chewable Vitamin C-500 and 1000 mg of vitamin C in a teaspoon.
- Vitamin C helps in collagen fiber which helps in hair structure.
- Lypo–Spheric Vitamin C: it helps protect cells from damage. It supports the immune system and promotes muscle repair.
Must read article: How Can I Boost My Immune System?
Foods high in vitamin C
- Red peppers
- Collard green
- Brussel sprouts
- Citrus fruits like orange, apple, grapes, papaya, pineapple are high in vitamins.
- Tomato is high in antioxidants and rich in vitamin C.
- Lemon is more in vitamin C than other citrus fruit like orange and apple.
- Vitamin C juices keep the body hydrated and helps to prevent urinary tract infections
Vitamin c for acne
You must read this article: What Is Acne Vulgaris?: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Home Remedies
Vitamin C and zinc
It provides adequate nutrition and immune defense. It corrects the deficiencies caused by poor food, different diseases, medications, or pregnancy.
Vitamin C and iron
Vitamin C enhances iron absorption.
Vitamin C and immune system
Vitamin c and covid
Vitamin C and fiber
Orange contains around 4gm of fiber.
Vitamin C and energy
Vitamin C boosts energy and fights against chronic disease conditions.
Vitamin C for child
1–3 years: 15 mg
4–8 years: 25 mg
9–13 years: 45 mg
Teens 14–18 years (boys): 75 mg
What happens if you don't get enough vitamin C?
- Scurvy is resulting from a lack of vitamin C.
- Scurvy leads to brown spots on the skin, looking pale, feels depressed, and is partially immobilized, losing teeth in advance scurvy, and eventually death.
How much vitamin C should I take as a daily dose?
- For adult 2000 mg per day vitamin that we should take daily.
When should we take vitamin C?
Vitamin C is absorbed in an empty stomach.
What does vitamin C do?
It is protects the dermis layer of the skin from UV exposure.
Which is the best vitamin C from the ordinary?
Which are the best vitamin supplements?
- Chewable gummies
- Effervescent tablets
- Sodium ascorbate
- Calcium ascorbate
- Ascorbic acid with bioflavonoids.
Here are a few articles to check out:
Don’t forget to share this guide with your network on Facebook, Instagram ,Twitter and LinkedIn!
Sharing is caring ❤