What is hypoparathyroidism?
Which of the following would result from hypoparathyroidism?
Table of Contents
Types Of hypoparathyroidism
- Recent neck surgery, mainly if the thyroid was involved.
- A family history of hypoparathyroidism
- Addison’s disease
- Metal(iron, mg, aluminum) overload
- Cancer or infectious disease, e.g., HIV
I have already covered : Is Hiv And Aids The Same Thing? | Hiv Skin Rash: How Is Treatred?
Causes of hypoparathyroidism
- Tingling numbness or burning in fingertips, toes, and lips
- Muscle aches or cramps affecting legs, abdomen, feet, and face.
- Spasms of muscles around the mouth but also in hand, arms, and throating, dry hair, brittle nails, and dry and coarse.
- Patchy hair loss
- Thinning of eyebrows
- Malformations of teeth, including weakened tooth enamel
- Loss of memory
- Severe muscles spasms
- Fatigue and weakness
- Painful menstruation
- Anxiety of nervousness
- Personality change, depression, mood swings
Here are 2 guides that you can refer to learn more about:
Signs and symptoms
- Nausea and vomiting
- Decreased appetite
- Frequent heartburn
- Abdominal pain
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Kidney stones
- Flank pain
- Frequent urination
- Increased urine output
- Bone pain
- Bone aches
- Medical history
- Physical examinations
- PTH concentrations
- Blood and urine calcium levels and serum phosphate level (more than 5.4mg/dl)
- ECG changes disclose increased QT and ST intervals due to hypocalcemia.
To restore the body’s calcium and phosphorus to normal levels. Calcium carbonate and vitamin D supplements are the only currently approved treatment.
If you find this article helpful : How To Cure Hyperthyroidism Permanently
If you find the information in this post useful, please share it with your friends and colleagues on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Sharing is caring ❤