What is hypoparathyroidism?
Hypoparathyroidism is an uncommon condition where the body produces abnormally low parathyroid hormone levels that are maintaining a balance of two minerals like phosphorus and calcium.
Hypoparathyroidism occurs when there are insufficient levels of parathyroid hormone are released by the parathyroid glands. It can cause hypoparathyroidism.
Which of the following would result from hypoparathyroidism?
- In the neck or the parathyroid hormone that is released does not work correctly. It can lead to high levels of phosphorus and low levels of calcium in the blood.
- Hypoparathyroidism can cause a problem in the skin, bones, muscles, and nerves.
Table of Contents
Types Of hypoparathyroidism
- Acquired hypoparathyroidism
- Inherited or autoimmune hypoparathyroidism
- Transient hypoparathyroidism
- Congenital hypoparathyroidism
- Recent neck surgery, mainly if the thyroid was involved.
- A family history of hypoparathyroidism
- Addison’s disease
- Metal(iron, mg, aluminum) overload
- Cancer or infectious disease, e.g., HIV
I have already covered : Is Hiv And Aids The Same Thing? | Hiv Skin Rash: How Is Treatred?
Causes of hypoparathyroidism
- Tingling numbness or burning in fingertips, toes, and lips
- Muscle aches or cramps affecting legs, abdomen, feet, and face.
- Spasms of muscles around the mouth but also in hand, arms, and throating, dry hair, brittle nails, and dry and coarse.
- Patchy hair loss
- Thinning of eyebrows
- Malformations of teeth, including weakened tooth enamel
- Loss of memory
- Severe muscles spasms
- Fatigue and weakness
- Painful menstruation
- Anxiety of nervousness
- Personality change, depression, mood swings
Here are 2 guides that you can refer to learn more about:
Signs and symptoms
- Nausea and vomiting
- Decreased appetite
- Frequent heartburn
- Abdominal pain
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Kidney stones
- Flank pain
- Frequent urination
- Increased urine output
- Personality changes
- Memory loss
- Bone pain
- Bone aches
- Medical history
- Physical examinations
- PTH concentrations
- Blood and urine calcium levels and serum phosphate level (more than 5.4mg/dl)
- ECG changes disclose increased QT and ST intervals due to hypocalcemia.
Make sure your thyroid hormone stays at an optimal level with the recommended powerful thyroid complex. A healthy thyroid can be a happy thyroid, which means you have more energy throughout the day, so give a single try to the below-recommended product and take your first step to support your Thyroid function.
1 Body Thyroid Support
Best Iodine Supplement
• Support Healthy Thyroid Hormone Function
• Increase Energy Levels
• Helps with Healthy Nutrition
Non-GMO & Vegetarian Friendly
To restore the body’s calcium and phosphorus to normal levels. Calcium carbonate and vitamin D supplements are the only currently approved treatment.
If hypoparathyroidism is left untreated, complications can include blocked airways due to severe muscle spasms, calcium deposits in the brain, malformed teeth, development of cataracts.
If you find this article helpful : How To Cure Hyperthyroidism Permanently
If you find the information in this post useful, please share it with your friends and colleagues on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Sharing is caring ❤