Magnesium and zinc are two minerals that are vital to several bodily processes.
Though they are found naturally in various foods, many people take supplements to increase their intake.
Combined mineral supplements like magnesium-zinc have recently gained popularity, especially in people looking to improve bone density or other aspects of their health.
This article will explain the benefits, uses, and side effects of magnesium-zinc supplements.
I have already shared a post related to this topic Why Take Zinc Supplements? I hope you read this post.
Table of Contents
Can i take magnesium and zinc together?
The right dosages of magnesium and zinc work to each other’s advantage. You’ll find a lot of oral supplements on the market that combines the two.
I also wrote a tutorial on Zinc And Magnesium Supplement that you can follow.
Benefits of magnesium and zinc supplement
Here are the following reasons that why you should take magnesium and zinc supplements.
Health benefits of magnesium and zinc supplement include:
To get started, you’ll need to: Which Magnesium Is Best For Muscle Cramps?
- Relieves muscle pain
- Reduces fatigue
- Improves sleep quality
- Aids muscle recovery after exercise
- Repairs skin by keeping it flexible and supple
- Plays an important role in the growth and division of cells
- Strengthens bones
- Contributes to metabolism
- Producing enzymes
- Processing protein, carbohydrates, and fat in food
- Helping to heal wounds
- Boosting immune system function
- Supporting protein and DNA synthesis
Zinc and magnesium supplement
Combined mineral supplements of magnesium-zinc are:
- OZiva Better.Zinc+
- Nature Made Calcium Magnesium Zinc Tablets with Vitamin D
- Carbamide Forte Chelated Magnesium Glycinate
- Himalayan Organics Plant-Based Calcium Magnesium Zinc D3 & K2
- Nutrainix Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, D3 & B12 Tablets
- Fast&Up Magnesium +Zinc Nutraceutical Lime & Lemon Tube 20 Tablets
- Chicnutrix Super C – Amla Extract & Zinc – Vitamin C for Skin Protection
- Himalayan Organics Calcium Magnesium Zinc Vitamin D3 and B12 Tablets
- GNC Pro Performance Zinc Magnesium Tablet
- Healthvit Fitness ZMA (Zinc, Magnesium, Vitamin B6) Nightime Recovery Support
- HealthKart HK Vitals Calcium with Mag Zinc & Vit D3
You must read this article: What Vitamins And Minerals Are Good For the Brain?
The daily dosage recommendations for these nutrients are:
For males: 9.5 mg/day
For females: 7.0 mg /day
For children: 5.0 mg/day
For males: 300 mg/day
For females: 270 mg/day
For children: 85 to 200 mg/day
Do these supplements have side effects?
Currently, there are no side effects have been reported from magnesium-zinc supplements.
However, moderate to high doses of these nutrients are linked with several adverse effects, including:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Stomach pain and cramps
- Loss of appetite
- Muscle weakness
If you endure any of these symptoms, consider lowering your dosage or consulting your healthcare provider.
Must read: Amlodipine And Magnesium
Can zinc supplements cause nausea?
Are zinc supplements good for you?
Zinc is an essential mineral to many aspects of health.
Supplementing 15–30 mg of elemental zinc daily may improve immunity, blood sugar levels, and eye, heart, and skin health. However, be sure not to exceed the upper limit of 40 mg.
Don’t take more than the dosage recommended on the packaging to lower your risk of side effects. For example, when zinc is taken without a deficiency, it can interfere with copper absorption and cause a copper deficiency.
If you’re unsure whether magnesium-zinc supplements are right for you, ask your healthcare provider.
Remember that a standard dosage is 2–3 capsules per day. It would help if you didn’t take more than the recommended dosage listed on the label.
If you want to read suitable post according to your health condition, Ask me to share relatable in the comment box below.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends!